The Student Room Group

Unconditional Or foundation year

Hi, I have applied to all my universities and have got my offers, I am not sure whether to choose a foundation year for uni of Nottingham to do engineering or to choose de Montfort uni where I have an unconditional to do mechanical engineering . I would have to get BBB at A level and I already have a grade E at as so I'm not sure if I can get the grades . Any advice?Thanks
Original post by Samh100
Hi, I have applied to all my universities and have got my offers, I am not sure whether to choose a foundation year for uni of Nottingham to do engineering or to choose de Montfort uni where I have an unconditional to do mechanical engineering . I would have to get BBB at A level and I already have a grade E at as so I'm not sure if I can get the grades . Any advice?Thanks

Would you rather do a foundation year or go straight into first year?
Original post by Samh100

Nottingham every time. No question
Original post by Samh100

Is the BBB offer that you’re worried about making for Nottingham?

Ask Nottingham the proportion of students who complete the foundation year and progress onto the engineering degree. And how many of them finish the engineering degree and how their marks compare to students who came onto the course directly.

Is the degree 5 years including foundation? Do they offer any discount on tuition fees for the extra year?

Is the de montfort offer unconditional already or only unconditional if you make it firm?

What sort of accommodation guarantees does de montfort offer to insurance students?

Have you visited both?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Is the BBB offer that you’re worried about making for Nottingham?

Ask Nottingham the proportion of students who complete the foundation year and progress onto the engineering degree. And how many of them finish the engineering degree and how their marks compare to students who came onto the course directly.

Is the degree 5 years including foundation? Do they offer any discount on tuition fees for the extra year?

Is the de montfort offer unconditional already or only unconditional if you make it firm?

What sort of accommodation guarantees does de montfort offer to insurance students?

Have you visited both?

Yeah I'm worried about getting the grades for Nottingham , I've been there and thought it was really nice but haven't been to Leicester .
Original post by Samh100
Yeah I'm worried about getting the grades for Nottingham , I've been there and thought it was really nice but haven't been to Leicester .

Visit all of your choices. A risky firm choice is fine if you really love it and have a good insurance choice as backup.

You have until May to decide for a reason. Use that time well to really think about what you want from your degree.

Quick Reply

Latest