The Student Room Group

Neighbour is spying on me and someone attempted break in

Hi I recently had a new neighbour move next door and I find he is always waiting for me to come home from work. He will wait outside then watch me walk into my flat/apartment then as soon as I close my door I hear his door close too. I had someone tried to break in recently he knocked loudly on my door shouting and then knocking and trying to open my window. He also tried to open the door using my handle and putting his hands through the postbox. I called the police who said to call them if it happens again and also they advised me NOT to use an alarm when I said that I was going to start using an alarm for my door. The fact is I am very short (and look like a kid) so an easy target for burglars. The only person that has seen me come and out of my door is my neighbour. What can I do? Any ideas please? I have looked into house shares but can't find anywhere good. Thank you.
Sorry this is happening to you :frown: Could you record them somehow and show it to the police? Xx
Reply 2
I suppose I could but would anything be done? I don't think they can do anything. Realistically is it possible for someone to break in through a window or door? My door has a huge glass which I think might be possible to break through e.g. using a brick? I'll have to check if it is double glazing which I think might make it harder to break through.
Original post by Anonymous
I suppose I could but would anything be done? I don't think they can do anything. Realistically is it possible for someone to break in through a window or door? My door has a huge glass which I think might be possible to break through e.g. using a brick? I'll have to check if it is double glazing which I think might make it harder to break through.

of course it's possible but it's possible for someone to break in regardless of alarms, windows, whatever you use to deter them

have you ever spoken to your neighbour? Is there any possibility he's disabled or something and doesn't understand what he's doing?

all you can do is call the police if anything happens, try and keep logical thought in your mind... there's no reason to assume he will smash your door in or hurt you if he hasn't been trheatening or anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending