The Student Room Group

How can you revise for History - easy, quick, simple and one that actually works

Hiya, One of the subjects i really need to do well in is History for GCSEs. I am predicted a grade 4 (low pass), and i really want to achieve so much more higher - a grade 6/7, as i am choosing it for A levels i need to do well in this subject.

One revision kind of style i have been doing is that; my teacher has given us like the key specification and what i should know about the topic study. And i have been just writing notes on a piece of paper and putting it in a folder covering the specification points. However, i feel like this isn't quite working as well as i thought.

I want to actually revise full content before i do start doing past papers. Any suggestions on how to revise and a method that you think that works?

The topics i am doing in History are; The cold War, The Tudors, Weimar Germany, Whitechapel, Crime and Punishment - if that helps somehow.
I find that there is no easy, quick or simple way to revise History, due to the insane amount of content. But, what I like to do is make mind maps about each sub topic, for example medieval punishments. I also like to record myself reading out my notes from my History book and listening to them whilst walking to school or just whenever I have free time.

I am also doing Crime and Punishment and Weimar Germany and aiming for a similar grade, so if you ever feel like exchanging notes sometime, just pm me. :smile:

Hope this helps.
Reply 2
@ChloeM608 thankyou and sure when i make more notes we should.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending