Typical Week at UCL (law, but others welcome!) Watch

kourkk
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
so whats a typical week at UCL? in terms of the amount of lectures, lecture lenghts, free time, meetings wiht teachers and so on?

whilst i ask specifically for the Law Faculty, how bout for the others aswell?

thanks! :tsr2:
pure_joy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I live with two law students and comparing to a science degree, Law is constant holiday. They have like 8 or 10 hours of lectures per week, start late (no 9 a.ms, apart from a tutorial every 2 weeks), they always seem to have some reading to do and an essay to hand in, though. But Law students go out a lot, they have really great freshers stuff organised by their department, a summer and winter ball (not the vodpop one, completely different thing just for Law students). In general, Law is a really good degree to do at UCL- it's known to be good and it's lots of fun.
Dimez
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm studying Maths with Econ and I have circa 15 hours worth of lectures a week, plus one tutorial (it's actually two but it's the 2nd is a complete waste of time) for maths and one for econ (on alternate weeks). Literally tonnes of free time but this term it really sucks as I have like a HUGE gap in between lectures leaving me utterly clueless as to what to do, but I inevitably find myself gallivanting around with trivial pursuits.
username43584
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm doing medicine so my timetable is considerably full - it changes weekly and averages between 20 and 30 hours a week with a tendency towards the latter. But it's cool. You just learn incredibly good time management skills very quickly - I'm doing much more work than I ever have before, and much more going out and having fun too.
Crazster
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Econ:
I get up for 9am's most days
Work, lecture, work. Then by weekend I have a day before I have to study on sunday.
PrinceOfCats
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Arts subject:

Saturday - Abuse substances
Sunday - Recover
Monday - No lectures, abuse substances again
Tuesday - No lectures again, recover again
Wednesday - Like work and ****
Thursday - Ditto
Friday - One lecture, mildly abuse substances so as not to be too ruined for Saturday's substance abuse
empfrench
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by PrinceOfCats)
Arts subject:

Saturday - Abuse substances
Sunday - Recover
Monday - No lectures, abuse substances again
Tuesday - No lectures again, recover again
Wednesday - Like work and ****
Thursday - Ditto
Friday - One lecture, mildly abuse substances so as not to be too ruined for Saturday's substance abuse
Sounds about right to me - though me also manage to write fantastic essays and speak brilliantly about the clouds and nature while smoking the most splendid joint ever rolled. We are cool. :cool:
the corporate raider
Report 11 years ago
Monday: pay little attention in morning lectures due to fatique. Spend most of the day sustained on coffee
Tuesday: see above + go out in the evening
Wednesday: get up early to go to a tutorial, then go out in the evening.
Thursday: get up at 10am, try to finish 4 assignments that are due at noon. Hand them in just before they are collected
Friday: Loads of tutorials. Read a book in Gordon's in between.
Saturday: sleep
Sunday: go out
Crazster
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by the corporate raider)
Monday: pay little attention in morning lectures due to fatique. Spend most of the day sustained on coffee
Tuesday: see above + go out in the evening
Wednesday: get up early to go to a tutorial, then go out in the evening.
Thursday: get up at 10am, try to finish 4 assignments that are due at noon. Hand them in just before they are collected
Friday: Loads of tutorials. Read a book in Gordon's in between.
Saturday: sleep
Sunday: go out
do you know where i can get some nice fiction books from the library? *UCL one*
empfrench
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Crazster)
do you know where i can get some nice fiction books from the library? *UCL one*
In the English Literature section: turn right when you get to the top of the stairs, and walk to the end of the long corridor of books and wallah! Lots of nice fiction books.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads