The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
jamierwilliams
and im really not jokin!

ohhhh creepy! my schools really old but i've never heard of any ghost stories :frown:
Reply 21
ok i know a really freaky story. this is in india. one night one of my servants woke up in the middle of the night and he wanted to go to the bathroom. when he walked across the corridor he just happened to look up outside the window. and he saw a young beautiful woman with long black hair sitting outside on a ledge less than a meter away on the building. we're on the 11th floor. then tht woman suddenly looked up and smiled at him. he naturally freaked out and ran in to tell the other servant but by tht time tht ghost was gone. the next morning my aunt decided to investigate and to find out if the building really was haunted. and everyone she asked (the building administration, the security guards) said yes but she was harmless. apparently her husband had killed her on those grounds and she had stayed to get revenge on him. her husband was a construction worker for my building and a couple of months ago he fell off the building and died.. i think it was his ghost wife who drove him to his death
Reply 22
[QUOTE=
2. A few years ago the caretaker left without any warning and this is why. A few hundred years ago there was a man and his son who lived in the mansion ( i

surely divorce wasn't acceptable (or the norm )all those hundreds of years ago!?!?!?!? or am i wrong?
Reply 23
Ive had one spooky experience when I was at junior school. It was quite an old school with new buildings attached to it. I went to use the toilets in the old building during lesson hours. I was by myself in the toilets and I knew this becuase all the toilet doors were open. As I was washing my hands, I heard a toliet flush, this scared me a LOT as no-one was in there, all the doors were still open so I waited to see if anyone came out but no one came...I was too scared to look in each of the toilets to see who was there, so I ran out instead!

My Step grandmother has a lot of true ghost stories that she has experienced herself. Once she was washing up by herself in the kitchen and she felt someone touching the back of her neck and placing a hand on her shoulder. She thought it was her son, so she said stop it. But her son was with her husband in the other room and he never left the room!

Another one was when she and her husband were watching TV in the living room, they were waiting for their son to arrive home from college. They heard the front door open and slam close, naturally they said hi son, but no answer, so they both got up to look in the Hallway only to see no-one there. The son arrived half an hour later. Creepy or what.
Reply 24
i remember my mum tellin me this story wen i was little an i was actually cryin cos i was scared so much. When she was a wee girl, her aunt died and at the funeral she was in the kitchen with her mum (my gran) preparin food 4 the guests and my gran left the room 2 get somethin. My mum was in the kitchen on her own an she sed she looked over to the kitchen windo and actually seen her dead aunt walk past and wave in.
OH am scarin maself telling this lol.
Reply 25
Guys look behind u. You may c no1 there but some part of ur mind tells u there is a presence in ur room. When u sleep just remember the noises that u hear are actually spirits looming in the cool midnight air. In fact i often hear someone walking up and down my stairs at about 12.00 on the dot.
There are quite a few such stories associated with the London Underground.
I used to know a website, but have forgotten it now. One is where a PWD worker was walking along the tracks on the Northern Line. He felt/heard someone/thing behind him and ran over 1 mile to Euston!
Another is in the area around Bethnal Green - many dies there in a crush in WW2.
I've also heard of stories arround Moorgate-scene of a carsh in the 1970s.
Reply 27
I was studying abroad and staying in an older house in France. My room was on the other side of the garage from the rest of the house. I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I have to cross the dark garage to get to it. I went to open the door and it was locked. I thought that was weird since I'd be the only one using this bathroom as there were other bathrooms in the main house for the family. So I went to knock just to make sure but just before my knuckles touched the door there were three loud bangs on the wall behind me like someone knocking. I whirled around and turned on the lights but there was no one in the garage. Then I tried to open the bathroom door again and it opened. Turns out there isn't even a lock on the door. Creepy.
Reply 28
The last man in the world was sitting in his house when he heard a knocking on the door...
Still going as the shortest ghost story nin the world.
Reply 29
if you like ghost why dont you look at the real
thing

real paranormal :eek:
Reply 30
i was on a ghost tour in edinburgh and there was this bit where the guy leading us told us about someone in a bricked up fireplace or something and as he described something to do with the guy's leg's who was found a canadian guy collapsed in front of us, he just went rigid and fell flat we thought it was fake to start wich but the force he hit the ground with seemed pretty real and he was really shook up :eek:
Reply 31
oh just thought of one! a rich house in edinburgh was winding doown to the christmas party and the owner of the house was a political figure, unfortunately his son was mentally ill and in that time it would have brought great shame on his familly so he was kept in a locked room upstair's and brought meal's every day, the staff were under strict instruction's to keep his room door locked at all time's. on christmas eve on the night of the party all the staff went out and got drunk appart from one little boy who was too young. instead he satayed and turned the spit in wait for everyone to returned, and it was a really hard task concidering his size. so he was sitting alone in the house and heard creaking coming from the lobby so he thought to himself..........
Reply 32
(didn't get time to finish it lol)
part2:

it's probably the master. the headmaid was first to return from the pub she walked up the gloomy corridor which was filled with the smell or the roast ham, she could see the glow of the fire shining beneath the door and could hear the sound of the spit being turned she hung up her coat and spoke to the young boy but there was no reply. she walked toward's the kitchen door and turned the handlt it opened a little but there was something blocking it but it had opened enough for her to se a dark menacing figure with long greasy hair,fingernail's and unkept facial hair matted with food as soon as the master arived she ran to the front door there's a stranger in the house sir. the master imediatly ran through ramming the door. the figure he was greeted with was none other than his own son, who sat next to the fire turning the spit, he had been attracted out of his room by the smell of the cooking and the maid responsible for his keep had forgotton to lock the door with all the excitement .
he just sat there with a glazed look in his eye's turning the spit and tearing bit's of the ham off and eating it. "but where's the young" lad asked one maid. the master and the head maid turned toward's the door and closed it to look behind it. they sighed a sigh of release it was but a ham, then it dawned on them if that's the ham then what is he turning on the spit. The owner of the house had no choice but to send his son to an institute where he was subjected to all menner of treatment's and the building is said to be some goverment building or somthing i can't remmember exactly what they said it was used for but the little boy's cry's are still to be heard on occasion's.

THE SCARY FACT IS IT IS A TRUE STORY!
Reply 33
oh forgot to say sorry about spelling and punctuation and crap as you may have noticed their not one of my strong point's lol
On New Years Eve, my sister and I were staying up late, even though everyone else was in bed. We were watching TV, and we didn't want to wake anyone up so we shut the door. I heard someone walking around in the hallway, but in the morning I found out that everyone else had been in bed all night :eek: . So either people were sleepwalking (not very common at our house), there were intruders (the doors were locked, though), or there was a ghost.
Reply 35
I heard this one recently, I can't remember where.

Before the 999 calls went to a central switchboard they went to the local police station. The local out of hours doctor's calls went there as well.

Well the police station recieved a call to say that a child was sick and needed the doctor. The police called the doctor and he went to the adress.

The woman who answered the door said she hadn't called the doctor but did have a child who was in bed. The doctor asked to see the child and when he did found out the child was seriously ill and needed to go to hodpital.

The child recovered and the mother asked to hear the tape of the emergency call. The voice on the tape was that of her husband / the child's father who had died years before.
Reply 36
Ok bit of a weird one. Tonnes of crazy stuff happens around my friend Chris's family and in his house in general.
When she was a bit younger his mum had a friend who was into some fairly freaky stuff and she gave her this china cat for like a birthday or xmas or something. Neway Chris's mum wasn't very keen on this cat but she kept it anyway but her real cat would never go anywhere near the thing. Anyway weirder and weirder stuff kept happening and one day Chris's mum had a prayer meeting (they're all quite religous). While they were praying all the doors started slamming and a wind went tearing through the house like moving all the curtains etc. The cat EXPLODED (the pottery 1 not the real 1) and the real cat ran away.... never to be seen again!!

when i hav some more time i'll post sum more stuff aobut chris + his family teehee

Latest

Trending

Trending