Want more information about this university?
3498kinvara
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Are in text citations included in the word count if they are included in brackets or not ? i have used multiple citations for many points but if they count in word count i feel i am wasting too much of word count on them
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 3498kinvara)
Are in text citations included in the word count if they are included in brackets or not ? i have used multiple citations for many points but if they count in word count i feel i am wasting too much of word count on them
You need to speak to your academic office or module conveyor to confirm but your hand book states that "the word count shall not include appendices, bibliographies or references to sources".
Lunafreya
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your uni should have a guide for this, look at the uni intranet and double check it. Or ask one of your lecturers. It's best to be certain about these things.
University of Chester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 3498kinvara)
Hello, you will need to check what your module handbook says on Portal or feel free to get in touch with your Department or PAT to check with them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.87%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (749)
41.87%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (354)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.47%

Watched Threads