The Student Room Group

Emailing a tutor?

Does this email sound okay?:

Hi (tutor name),
Sorry if you're not the right person to ask this to.
I have tried to get help from my counsellor but it's not working out and isn't very helpful for me.
Could you help me find another counsellor?
Sorry you're probably not the right person and you're probably busy.
I don't know who it would be best to ask so you probably need to forward this to the right person sorry.
Thanks,
(My name).
Original post by It'sEverydayBro
Does this email sound okay?:

Hi (tutor name),
Sorry if you're not the right person to ask this to.
I have tried to get help from my counsellor but it's not working out and isn't very helpful for me.
Could you help me find another counsellor?
Sorry you're probably not the right person and you're probably busy.
I don't know who it would be best to ask so you probably need to forward this to the right person sorry.
Thanks,
(My name).

Yup.

You probably are e-mailing the right person, as your tutor is generally your first point of contact. He/she will sort it out themselves/signpost you to a more appropriate person if necessary.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Yup.

You probably are e-mailing the right person, as your tutor is generally your first point of contact. He/she will sort it out themselves/signpost you to a more appropriate person if necessary.

Are you sure? The last sentences could be a bit more formal but I don't know how to improve it.
Thanks.
Original post by It'sEverydayBro
Are you sure? The last sentences could be a bit more formal but I don't know how to improve it.
Thanks.

It's your tutor. You don't need to be formal other than addressing them as Mr/Miss/Ms/Dr etc. and using correct spelling etc.

Quick Reply

Latest