The Student Room Group

Women wearing ties?

Poll

Women wearing ties: yay or nay?

What do you think of women wearing ties? Do you like the aesthetic, or think it looks strange?

Also, do you think it would be okay for a woman to wear a tie with a (skirt?) suit to an interview, especially one for the Armed Forces?

Banana :h::h:

I always wear a tie when i get the chance, wore a trouser suit the entirety of sixth form and just like how they look
It looks so awful in the public, no matter whether men or women. Wearing ties is really something for special occasions. Don't think it is gender specific. I personally prefer a bow-tie.
Original post by Banana00
What do you think of women wearing ties? Do you like the aesthetic, or think it looks strange?

Also, do you think it would be okay for a woman to wear a tie with a (skirt?) suit to an interview, especially one for the Armed Forces?

Banana :h::h:

I like the way a tie accentuates the chest area :h:
If women appreciate a bit of feminine charm on guys *cough* K-pop/Justin Bieber*cough* then a lil bit of masculinity on women sure is a new fresh side for men to enjoy.
Original post by CoolCavy
I always wear a tie when i get the chance, wore a trouser suit the entirety of sixth form and just like how they look

When you get the chance - so on special celebrations like wedding? a tie without a suit is just unimagineable.
Ties look good on women. If u wear something confidently, u can carry it off easily.
Original post by Kallisto
When you get the chance - so on special celebrations like wedding? a tie without a suit is just unimagineable.

nah never been to a wedding :colondollar: mean for anything vaguely important, prom, awards, birthdays anything really. Would wear one to a wedding though too hypothetically
and agree :tongue: if it's not really formal i just wear my waistcoat with it if a full on suit is overkill
Ooh I actually love ties to the point where I now own a *growing* collection of "ugly" (but I prefer the word wacky) ties! Eventually I'll have the confidence to wear them and I've already called dibs on my dad's ties 😎 #GottaThinkAhead

We used to have to wear ties in primary school so maybe that's where the liking of it began for me *shrug*

Quick Reply