The Student Room Group

Stressing over Revision

I have my anatomy and physiology exam on the 16th January n I’m panicking I’ve not long started revising but I don’t seem to be remembering or understanding anything. I’m scared that I’m going to fail my exam. Has anyone got any tips for me to help me revise more and to get motivation
I work in a pub so I work 5/6 nights a week after college so it’s becoming difficult for me to keep up with everything.

I received 3 conditionals offers from universities today and now I feel like I have a massive weight on my shoulders because of this. I’m freaking out cause I also have assignments due in next week.
Original post by HannahCarley
I have my anatomy and physiology exam on the 16th January n I’m panicking I’ve not long started revising but I don’t seem to be remembering or understanding anything. I’m scared that I’m going to fail my exam. Has anyone got any tips for me to help me revise more and to get motivation
I work in a pub so I work 5/6 nights a week after college so it’s becoming difficult for me to keep up with everything.

I received 3 conditionals offers from universities today and now I feel like I have a massive weight on my shoulders because of this. I’m freaking out cause I also have assignments due in next week.

Hey may I ask are you doing Health and social care by any chance?
Hey, I'm in Yr 13 also and am finding what I'm following now to be very useful and I think it can help you too!

1) Find yourself somewhere suitable to revise!
This needs to be somewhere you know will allow you to concentrate and get down to it. For me, I use my library and when it's not open my dining room. This is because I know these are places that have a suitable workspace for me to be able to work.

If working on a desk make sure you clear it of everything so it's open to revise on. When studying what you should have on your desk is your laptop, notepad, folder and any other essentials you may need to revise. For me the 'any of essentials is a calculator and my whiteboard, I mainly use my whiteboard to test myself on definitions and certain things for subjects like practice drawing mechanisms for chemistry.

Tip: Always know when your local libraries open and close to get a real picture of how you can plan the day.

2) Eliminate your distractions!
This links back to the location. You need to be somewhere where your distractions are minimal. Being in a library gives you that work environment which I like.

Once you are about to study, check you phone for about 10mins to do any essentials you may need to do but after that your phone need to be switched off and put away for the rest of the revision session or otherwise you'll be half-assing way your way through work checking your phone every now and then. Once it's gone, keep it gone.

An important one for me is using a chrome extension or if ur on Mac then a desktop app that you can you where you put on the sites you go on that you procrastinate on, e.g. Youtube or Iplayer, and you set a timer e.g. 5 hrs where you will be unable to access those sites from when you turn it on and you won't even be able to turn it off till the elapsed time. The app is called 'Self Control' and it really helps me from watching a 10 min video which just turns to an hour or something.

3) Work in controlled amounts!
I'd say the best you can do is use 'The Rule of 8'. This means you have:
- 8 hrs to sleep
- 8 hrs to study
- 8 hrs to do whatever the **** else you want xD

Following this really helps you from overworking yourself and allows you to be able to follow a rule of how much time to spend on what. When exams are very close you can change the study time to 10hrs but that would be the only adjustment to study time I'd ever say.

This study time can be from 9-6 with an hour to spread around and spend time eating lunch. This is usually what I follow!

4) Keep it structured!
Have a timetable with all your deadlines and things you need to do and meet. Having a timetable for what to do for each hour isn't always necessary as I just do whatever thing/topic I am currently weakest at within all my subjects. That way you're making sure you don't leave the stuff you don't like till the end when it's too late and helps you to study each subject with proportion to how much time you require to study them as some people will require more time on some subjects than others.

5) Other helpful tips!
It's important to surround yourself with like-minded and ambitious people who also want to do the best they can. If you have someone that puts you down and takes you away from doing your best by downgrading you then you need to whip out a quick bye bye coz your probably not gonna know them in a yrs time anyways so don't let them affect your permanently recorded grades!

Remember to dedicate days to spend with those you love most occasionally coz at the end of the day, education isn't everything - it's your mental and physical health as well, This is why you should have some hobbies you do every now and then a perhaps organise a day out with friends and family sometimes.
Yes I am studying health and social care
Original post by MiszShortee786
Hey may I ask are you doing Health and social care by any chance?

Yes I am level 3
I can help you then considering I took the exam last year. You will have diagrams you will have to identify what they are and their function is.

I will take pictures of my actual exam paper and send it to you.

In the meantime all the best.
That would be amazing
How are you going to send it?
I’m the worst at the diagrams they just confuse the hell out of me
Original post by HannahCarley
That would be amazing
How are you going to send it?
I’m the worst at the diagrams they just confuse the hell out of me

I'll take pictures of it and send it here if you wish? Though it's obviously going to be different but it can help?

Yes I was the same and I'm not bragging or anything but I remember my head of year at the time who coincidentally happened to be my teacher said that in was the only one in the year group last year who managed to answer the 12 mark question fully!

That was a struggle. 🤓😓

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending