alynnm
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
This is gonna sound lame but I'm gonna ask anyway cuz I desperately need help haha. Soooo I've been together with my boyfriend (end of the month will be our 1 year ann) and I found out last month that his family invited me to go to Disney from January 20-25. Now, my parents are SUPER strict and don't even let me go shopping on my own, but I turned 18 in November. His family decided that today they needed to buy the tickets, and I said yes because I knew that I am going to regret it if I said no and then I managed to be able to go, but thing is, I'm terrified to ask my parents because they're gonna say no but at the same time, when's the next time I'm gonna get an opportunity like this? AND it's special cuz it's me and my boyfriend's one year ann. I need a way to break it to my parents that I'm going without them saying no because I know for a fact they ain't gonna let me go. PLEASE HELP!!!!
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alynnm)
This is gonna sound lame but I'm gonna ask anyway cuz I desperately need help haha. Soooo I've been together with my boyfriend (end of the month will be our 1 year ann) and I found out last month that his family invited me to go to Disney from January 20-25. Now, my parents are SUPER strict and don't even let me go shopping on my own, but I turned 18 in November. His family decided that today they needed to buy the tickets, and I said yes because I knew that I am going to regret it if I said no and then I managed to be able to go, but thing is, I'm terrified to ask my parents because they're gonna say no but at the same time, when's the next time I'm gonna get an opportunity like this? AND it's special cuz it's me and my boyfriend's one year ann. I need a way to break it to my parents that I'm going without them saying no because I know for a fact they ain't gonna let me go. PLEASE HELP!!!!
I'd just tell them that your boyfriends parents have got you a ticket to go to Disneyland, they can't really stop you if that is the case.
Lunafreya
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why don't they let u go shopping by yourself?
alynnm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lunafreya)
Why don't they let u go shopping by yourself?
Haha cuz they don't think I'm responsible/mature enough
alynnm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rock Fan)
I'd just tell them that your boyfriends parents have got you a ticket to go to Disneyland, they can't really stop you if that is the case.
My mom's the type of mom to come find me if she says no and I do stuff anyway....
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Just tell them how u feel and say u really wanna go. Just say what u have said here I guess?
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you're 18 do what you want it's not your parents responsibility to tell you what you can and cannot do. they can not do anything about you going as you are safe and they know where you are (plus you're an adult). go and have fun - tell them you're going, don't ask.
Hopefully1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I really hope you will get to go on the trip. Is your mom over controlling or have you given her reason to question your responsibility and maturity?

Is your boyfriend's family paying your way for the trip? Would it be possible for his mom to contact yours and explain the trip and especially the accommodation because your mom will probably not be wanting you and your bf to be sharing a bed in a hotel room. Well, that is my assumption anyway. If his mom could reassure your mom then perhaps she'd be willing to let you go.

Whereas you are 18 if you are still living in your parents home and being supported by them they will expect a say in this decision not matter what anyone here says. That is the way it usually works anyway.

Good luck and I hope you get to go!
alynnm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hopefully1)
I really hope you will get to go on the trip. Is your mom over controlling or have you given her reason to question your responsibility and maturity?

Is your boyfriend's family paying your way for the trip? Would it be possible for his mom to contact yours and explain the trip and especially the accommodation because your mom will probably not be wanting you and your bf to be sharing a bed in a hotel room. Well, that is my assumption anyway. If his mom could reassure your mom then perhaps she'd be willing to let you go.

Whereas you are 18 if you are still living in your parents home and being supported by them they will expect a say in this decision not matter what anyone here says. That is the way it usually works anyway.

Good luck and I hope you get to go!
Yes she is very controlling haha but not in the recent years I haven't done anything significantly wrong. My boyfriend's family did buy the tickets for me; however, his mom and my mom aren't on very good terms haha... but thank you I hope I get to go too!
alynnm
Rep:
?
(Original post by fxlloutboyy)
you're 18 do what you want it's not your parents responsibility to tell you what you can and cannot do. they can not do anything about you going as you are safe and they know where you are (plus you're an adult). go and have fun - tell them you're going, don't ask.
Thank you! This means more than you think haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.01%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (717)
41.47%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise