The Student Room Group

Can you retake modules at Uni?

Hi all,

I'm doing a Bachelor's in Art & Design and I'm pretty stressed out. I haven't gotten much work done for my first module at Uni and my tutors have pointed this out to me...The deadline is in two weeks and I'm trying my hardest but I've recently had a lot of personal issues, which I won't go too deep into but they're regarding my mental health. Anyway, I fear at this rate I won't even be able to achieve 40% for my submission. Can you retake modules at a later point in time like you can at college?
Original post by SamediEtDimanche
Hi all,

I'm doing a Bachelor's in Art & Design and I'm pretty stressed out. I haven't gotten much work done for my first module at Uni and my tutors have pointed this out to me...The deadline is in two weeks and I'm trying my hardest but I've recently had a lot of personal issues, which I won't go too deep into but they're regarding my mental health. Anyway, I fear at this rate I won't even be able to achieve 40% for my submission. Can you retake modules at a later point in time like you can at college?

Read your course handbook.

If you have been affected by health issues then apply early for an extension or mitigation. If you wait until after the deadline to mention things that have affected you then you will get a lot less help/sympathy as it will sound like you’re making excuses after the fact

Quick Reply

Latest