The Student Room Group

Muslim and I like a guy - what do I do?

So there's this guy on my course and I fancy him but I dont think he's into me...
I spoke to him for the first time last month (we're in 2nd year) as we were working together in lab...he's never initiated conversation with me before this but he did twice in the days after.

Do I just carry on trying to talk to him hoping he somehow magically falls for me? Or do I assume he's never going to be into me because he's never tried talking to me before?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Another reason why religions are holding us back .....
No, don't just keep talking to him with intentions of winning him over. It'll cause fitnah (trials/temptation), and won't be a halal way of the relationship.
See if you have any male family that'd be able to ask him if he's looking for marriage, or ask a member of his family in passing if he's looking for marriage. Or you can ask his sister etc. But the point is, do it halal way. It'll save falling into any traps of the shaytaan and will prevent you from haram and will bring blessings in the relationship.
Keep talking with him, dont give up. Even if he doesn't have a thing for you right now, that might change if the two of you actually talk (because that's usually when people develop real feelings for someone.) Anyway, since you never initiated conversation before you can't really expect him to like you (because things like love at fist sight don't actually exist) Just keep talking to him and see if it goes somewhere
Though make sure he's not already with someone.
Original post by qIpUqIp

Atheism has contributed nothing to this world.Religion has.
Find a lesbian for marriage and keep your gay stuff on the side. And about this guy, nobody knows what may or may not happen. Be friendly, be nice, don't be too full on and annoy him, and maybe you might click and start hanging out.
Original post by TheProphetsPath
No, don't just keep talking to him with intentions of winning him over. It'll cause fitnah (trials/temptation), and won't be a halal way of the relationship.
See if you have any male family that'd be able to ask him if he's looking for marriage, or ask a member of his family in passing if he's looking for marriage. Or you can ask his sister etc. But the point is, do it halal way. It'll save falling into any traps of the shaytaan and will prevent you from haram and will bring blessings in the relationship.

I spat my coffee out when I read this
Reply 7
Original post by qIpUqIp

Like religion holds back those athiest virgins sat in front of the screen bashing other religions...

I cant just go get some guy in my family to ask him - how awkward would that be! It's just too upfront and I barely know him :/
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Keep talking with him, dont give up. Even if he doesn't have a thing for you right now, that might change if the two of you actually talk (because that's usually when people develop real feelings for someone.) Anyway, since you never initiated conversation before you can't really expect him to like you (because things like love at fist sight don't actually exist) Just keep talking to him and see if it goes somewhere
Though make sure he's not already with someone.

I mean he must not have found me attractive to begin with so I have a feeling he wont now.
He's quite religious I dont think he's with anyone unless his parents have someone arranged for him...

Original post by applesforme
Find a lesbian for marriage and keep your gay stuff on the side. And about this guy, nobody knows what may or may not happen. Be friendly, be nice, don't be too full on and annoy him, and maybe you might click and start hanging out.

Im a girl :lol:
How do I not be too full on? I have quite a crazy (in the good way) personality..

This is one of the most stupid things I’ve ever read. How on earth can she ask him for marriage after about a month? This is why most marriages fail. People just take everything so quickly and think they’re made for each other and end up getting married. However, once they’re married they realise it’s not all what it seemed and it all goes to hell.

the halal way? she's not trying to slaughter a goat. your whole comment sounds like trolling to me, but who knows.
Like religion holds back those athiest virgins sat in front of the screen bashing other religions...
I cant just go get some guy in my family to ask him - how awkward would that be! It's just too upfront and I barely know him :/

You're going to get to know him for marriage, then see. You are not asking him to marry you lol. By interested in marriage, i meant the idea of getting married (not to you). If so, you can get to know him.
It's better than falling into haram, heartbreak and all that jaz that loads go through.

Original post by Fry_Cook_of_Doom
I spat my coffee out when I read this

lmaooooo it's different to how it seems

Original post by Kevin Hodge
This is one of the most stupid things I’ve ever read. How on earth can she ask him for marriage after about a month? This is why most marriages fail. People just take everything so quickly and think they’re made for each other and end up getting married. However, once they’re married they realise it’s not all what it seemed and it all goes to hell.

Calm yourself down princess. If someone is interested in getting married, that doesn't mean you are going to marry them. There'd be no point pursuing someone if they aren't open to marriage now in the first place. You can spend as long as you want getting to know them before marriage, as long as its halal.
You're going to get to know him for marriage, then see. You are not asking him to marry you lol. By interested in marriage, i meant the idea of getting married (not to you). If so, you can get to know him.
It's better than falling into haram, heartbreak and all that jaz that loads go through.

lmaooooo it's different to how it seems

Calm yourself down princess. If someone is interested in getting married, that doesn't mean you are going to marry them. There'd be no point pursuing someone if they aren't open to marriage now in the first place. You can spend as long as you want getting to know them before marriage, as long as its halal.

But aren’t most people interested in marriage at one point? Everyone is usually interested, doesn’t mean they want it there and then. Everyone is free to pursue who they wish. Before they even think about their marriage they need to get to know one another and see if their relationship will even work, let alone marriage!

I'm not wanting to do anything haraam with this guy - Im not about that life and I dont think he is either...
What Im really wondering is if I should do anything or say anything subtle that will make him realise Im into him and then he can back off if he needs to - I cant be overtly crazy open as he's into his deen and I dont want him thinking Im some 'immoral child of the devil' :lol:
I dont even think he's brave enough to tell a girl he likes her if he did (whoever it may be)..
So there's this guy on my course and I fancy him but I dont think he's into me...
I spoke to him for the first time last month (we're in 2nd year) as we were working together in lab...he's never initiated conversation with me before this but he did twice in the days after.

Do I just carry on trying to talk to him hoping he somehow magically falls for me? Or do I assume he's never going to be into me because he's never tried talking to me before?

is he muslim?
where is he from???
Original post by aspire.1a
where is he from???

He's pakistani
Original post by arizonaidiot
Atheism has contributed nothing to this world.Religion has.

Lol like when Galileo was killed by the church for the discovery that Earth orbits the Sun. Kay then.
Original post by DarthRoar
Lol like when Galileo was killed by the church for the discovery that Earth orbits the Sun. Kay then.

Religion gives people hope and sets morals from them.It has maintained order for thousands of years.What good has atheism contributed?
Original post by applesforme
the halal way? she's not trying to slaughter a goat. your whole comment sounds like trolling to me, but who knows.

Ur comment reeks of ignorance
She's a Muslim so obviously users will be giving her halal advice dumbass

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending