The Student Room Group

Medicine year 12 summer schools

There are a few summer schools that universities have organised which have opened their applications recently. They range with dates from the Easter holidays to the summer holidays.

I'm aware these will be beneficial when it comes to applying. If one is in easter holidays, bearing in mind we have AS/ year 12 exams after that, is it worth applying and attending one?
Original post by Volibear
Why don't you go to a summer one and spend your Easter revising for your exams?

Just asking as there is a certain criteria for each university due to widening access, and I meet only the one which is in Easter
Reply 2
I’m Scottish so I have my Highers after easter, which I get the impression carry more weight in the application than AS levels (please correct me if I’m wrong). I’m going away on holiday the first week, but it’s to a cottage - nowhere exotic - because my twin and I have to revise. This means we can still go out and do stuff but come back and study when we want.
If you are worried about not having time to study, usually the programmes will have draft timetables that you can check for timetabled study time. If not just drop the organisers a wee email and explain your situation - check if you’ll have time to study. I am planning on doing a summer school for firsthand experience of ‘university life’

Out of interest which programmes are you considering? If you can find one that’s specific to the subject you’re considering that’s great.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by K8e.H
I’m Scottish so I have my Highers after easter, which I get the impression carry more weight in the application than AS levels (please correct me if I’m wrong). I’m going away on holiday the first week, but it’s to a cottage - nowhere exotic - because my twin and I have to revise. This means we can still go out and do stuff but come back and study when we want.
If you are worried about not having time to study, usually the programmes will have draft timetables that you can check for timetabled study time. If not just drop the organisers a wee email and explain your situation - check if you’ll have time to study. I am planning on doing a summer school for firsthand experience of ‘university life’

Out of interest which programmes are you considering? If you can find one that’s specific to the subject you’re considering that’s great.

its the medicine one. I'm going to drop an email as you said :smile:
If you revise more now and up until the Easter holidays, then you can go to the summer school knowing you’ve already made up for the hours your missing. You will probably get a few hours to revise there anyway.
There’s loads of summer schools that are in the summer though, e.g Nottingham Potential summer school
I went to that one and it was so good, you learn so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending