All notes disappeared from iPhone 6s?

Watch
Abcdefghijk123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hiya, I was writing a note on the notes app on my phone and it just suddenly disappeared out of nowhere. Then all my other notes were gone as well.

Has this happened to anyone else and were you ever able to get your notes back? I'm not sure if they're in iCloud or not. Thanks!
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Abcdefghijk123)
Hiya, I was writing a note on the notes app on my phone and it just suddenly disappeared out of nowhere. Then all my other notes were gone as well.

Has this happened to anyone else and were you ever able to get your notes back? I'm not sure if they're in iCloud or not. Thanks!
Hey,

Apologies for the late reply.

Have you tried switching on the Notes app on the iCloud drive settings? Are you also sure that you've just not gone into another notes folder?
Abcdefghijk123
Rep:
?
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
Hey,

Apologies for the late reply.

Have you tried switching on the Notes app on the iCloud drive settings? Are you also sure that you've just not gone into another notes folder?
Thanks for your reply! I did try that and no luck, also the notes didn’t go in any other folder.

In the end I backed up everything to iCloud then erased my phone and did a backup from before the notes disappeared and they came back! So happy!
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Abcdefghijk123)
Thanks for your reply! I did try that and no luck, also the notes didn’t go in any other folder.

In the end I backed up everything to iCloud then erased my phone and did a backup from before the notes disappeared and they came back! So happy!
How strange! Were the notes originally saved onto your e-mail or iCloud?

Glad everything is sorted for you now though!
Abcdefghijk123
Rep:
?
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
How strange! Were the notes originally saved onto your e-mail or iCloud?

Glad everything is sorted for you now though!
No they weren’t, I still don’t understand it. I think my phone must have just completely deleted them out of nowhere for some reason, most likely because I was very far behind on the updates. And thanks, it would have been a pain had I lost it all!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (32)
31.68%
No - I have already returned home (10)
9.9%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (23)
22.77%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (7)
6.93%
No - I live at home during term anyway (29)
28.71%

Watched Threads