The Student Room Group

miss

hi I recently had my car seized as the person driving my car had no insurance and infact had only a provisional licence. as far as I knew he had full licence and assured me he was coverd by his insurance to drive my car .. my car is legal or was. I was in the passenger seat as I had planed to have a drink at a family get together. I was unaware that the person driving my car home had also had a lil to drink and blew slightly over the limit . although if he was stoped at the road side he would not have been . only hed consumed some wine at our destination before the police arrived to arrest him . I have now had my car sieved and my insurance have canceled my policy. is there any way im entitled to any rights to keep my insurance. as I have not been arrested or charged with any ofences but the illegal driver has x
Original post by kirsty parry
hi I recently had my car seized as the person driving my car had no insurance and infact had only a provisional licence. as far as I knew he had full licence and assured me he was coverd by his insurance to drive my car .. my car is legal or was. I was in the passenger seat as I had planed to have a drink at a family get together. I was unaware that the person driving my car home had also had a lil to drink and blew slightly over the limit . although if he was stoped at the road side he would not have been . only hed consumed some wine at our destination before the police arrived to arrest him . I have now had my car sieved and my insurance have canceled my policy. is there any way im entitled to any rights to keep my insurance. as I have not been arrested or charged with any ofences but the illegal driver has x

This is why you don't trust anyone else with your car, I am afraid you may have to suck it up on this one and learn the lesson, allowing him to drive still gives them the right to seize your car and cancel your insurance, I seen people punished far more severely for the offence you did.
Original post by Rock Fan
This is why you don't trust anyone else with your car, I am afraid you may have to suck it up on this one and learn the lesson, allowing him to drive still gives them the right to seize your car and cancel your insurance, I seen people punished far more severely for the offence you did.

ok thank you . although whatever afence I did was totally unaware to me at the time. I agree I have to take responsibility for not double checking. but hay who really asks for a insurance certificate from a close friend. main thing is big lesson lerned
Reply 3
Original post by kirsty parry

You weren't given an IN12 or LC22 endorsement on your licence? Was the driver charged with TWOC (I assume not, given you did openly give consent)?

You are not entitled to keep your policy.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest