ajk16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m currently in year 11 and doing my gsces in may, my options are either study at 6th form or do an apprenticeship at this marketing agency. I’m interested in a career in graphic design which is what the apprenticeship can offer me, but my mums absolutely adamant on me doing my a levels. I understand that it’s extra qualifications but I just think for me it would be a waste of time, plus I really don’t enjoy school at all. I’m just very unsure as to what would be best for me.
Postgraduate study at NTU
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ajk16)
I’m currently in year 11 and doing my gsces in may, my options are either study at 6th form or do an apprenticeship at this marketing agency. I’m interested in a career in graphic design which is what the apprenticeship can offer me, but my mums absolutely adamant on me doing my a levels. I understand that it’s extra qualifications but I just think for me it would be a waste of time, plus I really don’t enjoy school at all. I’m just very unsure as to what would be best for me.
Hi @ajk16

Understandably your mum is going to be concerned about what option you choose after finishing your GCSEs - I'm sure she just wants the best for you.

If I were you, I would choose what is best going to help you work in the industry you want to - whether that is this apprenticeship or a levels.

Explain to your mum why you would rather do the apprenticeship over A levels, sit down with her and look through the options available to you and try and come to a compromise? Look at the benefits and drawbacks of each route and weigh up what's going to be best for you.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (32)
31.68%
No - I have already returned home (10)
9.9%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (23)
22.77%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (7)
6.93%
No - I live at home during term anyway (29)
28.71%

Watched Threads