The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys will say size 12 as they don't want bigger women to lose weight and be unhealthy etc. If the girl is nice and short/petite then size 6 is a very attractive size. If the girl is taller and bigger boned (as a lot of girls are these days) Id imagine a size 12 would be the right size for her.
Anonymous
so your all up for not being stereotypical then, right?

If you're referring to the "generally chubby" bit then let me point you in the direction of a dictionary where you can search for the word "generally". If you're being sincere... spot on sailor! :wink:
Reply 62
People make out that all girls who are a size 6 have some kinda disorder. I'm 5ft1 and naturally a size 6. Because of my height, i'm a perfectly healthy weight. I eat a balanced diet and have curves. I don't care what guys "prefer", I am what I am.
Reply 63
Tinkertoy
People make out that all girls who are a size 6 have some kinda disorder. I'm 5ft1 and naturally a size 6. Because of my height, i'm a perfectly healthy weight. I eat a balanced diet and have curves. I don't care what guys "prefer", I am what I am.

Exactly.
Reply 64
Am I the only one who doesn't actually care?

Who gives a crap if a girl is a size 6 or size 12?

It's seems a bit shallow to tar all girls that are size 6 as tooth piks or whatever else has been posted in the thread.

Like a girl for who they are, not what they are!
See im a 6-8 in the waist and i would love to be at least a 10. But im only short so i dont look totally stick like, and i still have curves. i have a bum, hips and boobs. What i dont like is the people my size who are totally skinny all over and are on diets.
ashy
Of course I am - the number of girls who become anorexic just to fit in with conceptions of how they should look really annoys me. Why do you take it so lightly?

This thread is not about mental illness. According to the title, it is about asking men what they think they prefer in terms of a girl's dress size. Then it goes on to describe just two types, 6 or 12. A rather huge difference, but anyway...

And, as englishstudent says, such a thread is a prime opportunity for people to diss size 6 people, who are not all the same shape anyway.

Please stop talking about anorexia nervosa because you clearly don't understand the first thing about it. Besides, surely it is threads like this that contribute to making girls unhappy with their body size. And asking men what they think in the first place...are we in the 1950s still? No, we are not. Thus: silliness.
Reply 67
Lantick
Am I the only one who doesn't actually care?

Who gives a crap if a girl is a size 6 or size 12?

It's seems a bit shallow to tar all girls that are size 6 as tooth piks or whatever else has been posted in the thread.

Like a girl for who they are, not what they are!

well said
Reply 68
tommywilliams1991
size 6 is disgustin, nothing to hold on to ;-)

Im glad im size 6 if someone is naturally size 12 then cool for some its an healthy size but otherwise whats the point in carrying the extra shape and fat all your life just because some guys prefere to hold on to it lol. I like having a non curvy boyish figure I probably wouldn't have been decent at sport otherwise but for some reason a lot of women prefere to have curves and tits.
Reply 69
Good post Tinkertoy.

A size 6 can be fine for a petite girl, and she can still have a curvy figure with a good diet and exercise etc. whereas an 8-10 will probably look better on a average height girl due to bigger bone structure.
erk
what the hell. just a repeat of thousands of other threads.

so. as i always say.

SHAPE and SIZE are different. I can find a size 6 who is as curvy as a size 12. i can also find size 12's which aren't curvy. Fact.

oh so true. God someone who speaks sense. Just because a person is size 12 does not mean they have boobs, just like someone being a size 6 means they have "no curves". My friend is a size 6 and is a DD cup. I'm a size 8/10 and I'm a B cup. She definitely has more curves than me.
mermania
size 6 all the way!
and "curves" are about shape, not being fat or thin.

I agree, im size 8 but im still cup D plus i got hips!
This thread is useless without pics...

Skinny size 6:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?ID=312109

Curvy size 12:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?ID=346402

Okay guys, take your pick.
Reply 73
no hero in her sky

Skinny size 6:

Curvy size 12:

Neither.
Reply 74
if i was readin a boys mag then yeah id prob expect 6 - 8 and would prob be disappointed with anythin more, but in real life all the girls i end up fancying are at least 10 - 12
If that model's actually a size six, then I'm a size four. And I'm not...trust!
no hero in her sky

Skinny size 6:

Curvy size 12:

I'd like to go with number one please Chris. Final answer.
Reply 77
Schokis
This thread is not about mental illness. According to the title, it is about asking men what they think they prefer in terms of a girl's dress size. Then it goes on to describe just two types, 6 or 12. A rather huge difference, but anyway...

And, as englishstudent says, such a thread is a prime opportunity for people to diss size 6 people, who are not all the same shape anyway.

Please stop talking about anorexia nervosa because you clearly don't understand the first thing about it. Besides, surely it is threads like this that contribute to making girls unhappy with their body size. And asking men what they think in the first place...are we in the 1950s still? No, we are not. Thus: silliness.

When have I dissed any girl who is size 6? I've you'd read my post you'd have seen what I actually said. And I mentioned anorexia once, slightly ironically. You're right I don't know exactly what it is, but I'm not "going on" about it.

I also said that girls shouldn't care what guys think. Please don't get "pseudo-feminist" on me, when actually I am thoroughly un-sexist.
i dont think u could have picked any worse pictures... talk about favouritism ...
Anonymous
i dont think u could have picked any worse pictures... talk about favouritism ...

Agreed.

Latest