The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

dancingshoes10
If that model's actually a size six, then I'm a size four. And I'm not...trust!

How do you figure that?

Did you think that everyone skinnier than you wears a smaller clothes size and that everyone fatter than you wears a larger one? :rofl:
no hero in her sky
This thread is useless without pics...

Skinny size 6:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?ID=312109

Curvy size 12:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?ID=346402

Okay guys, take your pick.

That second pic really doesn't do her any favours, her clothes seem to be too small.

As for this whole debate, whatever size girls are these days it's the wrong one so you're better off not obsessing about it. Threads like these often turn into a skinny-slating session and nobody comes out feeling better about themselves.
Reply 82
I have to say I prefer size 6. I like petite girls with very little curves, basically a boyish figure. I just think it's cuter. Not that I would only date this type of girl but it's my preference.
Anonymous
i dont think u could have picked any worse pictures... talk about favouritism ...

Sort of like how the OP asked whether people prefer a "skinny" size 6 or a "curvy" size 12? :rolleyes:

Hai guyz, do you prefer a curvy, beautiful size 6 or a fat, misshapen size 12?
Reply 84
*Joanna*
Oh for goodness sake. People can still have curves at size 6 and just becuse they're that size doesn't mean that they are skin and bone or starved themself to that size. To be honest, I'd say that smaller ladies are more likely to have curves that those that carry more weight (unless they are very tall, or the weight lands in the right place) since when you put on weight it often gets rid of your waist. I know this happens to me- I far curvier when I'm a size 10 than a size 12 because my waist has disappeared a bit.

Well said.
Not too fussy really.

As long as they are in possession of a pulse and no Y chromosomes its all good.

Pulse is a bonus anyway.
Reply 86
I find this thread a bit odd to be honest because surely it depends entirely on the girl? I'm 6'2" and would be seriously ill as a size 6 and as a 12 due to my bone structure would look quite gaunt and bony but other people look fab as a 6 or 12, depending largely on height and bone structure. Of course people can generalise over what they prefer on the whole but not people come in all different shapes and sizes as people were mentioning about curvy size 6 girls and non curvy size 12's.
Reply 87
clothes sizes ARE designed for different sized. i.e. a bigger girl weighing 11 stone would not wear a size 8 now would she?
Reply 88
no hero in her sky
Sort of like how the OP asked whether people prefer a "skinny" size 6 or a "curvy" size 12? :rolleyes:

Hai guyz, do you prefer a curvy, beautiful size 6 or a fat, misshapen size 12?

I was about to post just that question.
no hero in her sky
How do you figure that?

Did you think that everyone skinnier than you wears a smaller clothes size and that everyone fatter than you wears a larger one? :rofl:

Well that is generally why clothes sizes were invented.
Reply 90
jjeess333
clothes sizes ARE designed for different sized. i.e. a bigger girl weighing 11 stone would not wear a size 8 now would she?

she could if she were 5'9'' or something...
Some of you are making the mistake of assuming that size 6 always = stick insect, no curves, boyish figure and ill/has starved themselves. Not necessarily. There are plenty of size 6 people out there (including me -I'm a 6/8) who are that size naturally and don't starve themselves. I wouldn't say I have a particularly boyish figure either.

That said, ashy speaks the truth when he says you should just be your natural and healthy size, be that size 6 or size 16. Guys don't want you to starve yourselves to look like the models and celebs they want you to be healthy and natural cos that's when you look most attractive ;yes;
Reply 92
fleur de lis
Some of you are making the mistake of assuming that size 6 always = stick insect, no curves, boyish figure and ill/has starved themselves. Not necessarily. There are plenty of size 6 people out there (including me -I'm a 6/8) who are that size naturally and don't starve themselves. I wouldn't say I had a particularly boyish figure either.

That said, ashy speaks the truth when he says you should just be your natural and healthy size, be that size 6 or size 16. Guys don't want you to starve yourselves to look like the models and celebs they want you to be healthy and natural cos that's when you look most attractive ;yes;

Thank you :smile:
Reply 93
And it also depends on the person.
Looks aren't everything :smile:
Reply 94
People are different heights, guys like different sizes. Overall I would say that most guys like short, size 6 girls.. but then saying this makes the taller girls think 'oh no im not a size 6, I can't change my height but I can lose weight'. So now you have a taller girl who looks too thin for her body size. Which leads guys too say things like 'uh that size 6 is disgusting'. Its nice if you are a short petite size 6 with a tight body, but if you happen to be tall or big boned size 6 is too thin for you!!
Reply 95
fleur de lis
Some of you are making the mistake of assuming that size 6 always = stick insect, no curves, boyish figure and ill/has starved themselves. Not necessarily. There are plenty of size 6 people out there (including me -I'm a 6/8) who are that size naturally and don't starve themselves. I wouldn't say I have a particularly boyish figure either.

I agree with everything you say fleur, but unless a girl is vergeing on 6 feet or more, 16 can't be healthy or natural. When I was a 16, scones made up 80% of my diet...
Reply 96
fleur de lis
Guys don't want you to starve yourselves to look like the models and celebs they want you to be healthy and natural cos that's when you look most attractive ;yes;

I'm not sure if that's exactly true though. I mean if it were, none of these skinny models and actresses would have boyfriends, yet they all do, so some men must be attracted to that.
Reply 97
wtid
I'm not sure if that's exactly true though. I mean if it were, none of these skinny models and actresses would have boyfriends, yet they all do, so some men must be attracted to that.

To be honest, I doubt those guys are normal themslves. We're talking about normal, average people here.
Reply 98
wtid

Yes the posers :smile:
Reply 99
ashy
To be honest, I doubt those guys are normal themslves. We're talking about normal, average people here.

OK you're probably right :smile:

(that sounds sarcastic, it's not intended to be)

Latest