The Student Room Group

BCU child nursing sep 2018 intake

Hey I’ve recently just had an offer for BCU for September and I’m thinking of firming it , was just wondering if anyone else has had an offer and if so are you thinking of coming here :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I got an offer for adult nursing last month and I have already firmed my choice😍!! I love the campus! So excited to start!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Haydenfenton
I got an offer for adult nursing last month and I have already firmed my choice😍!! I love the campus! So excited to start!

Sorry only just seen this , think I commented on your other post aha, and me too I just love the city in general ! Did you have any offers from anywhere else or did you just apply to Birmingham ?
I got offers from Plymouth and Bristol :smile:
Reply 4

Oooh well done :smile: I’m still waiting to hear back off a couple before I can firm my choice ! Are you commuting or staying on campus ?
Staying on campus, however I have not seen any of the accommodation in person but I have viewed them all online, how about you?
Reply 6
Staying on campus, however I have not seen any of the accommodation in person but I have viewed them all online, how about you?

Hoping to stay on campus aswell , I’ve not seen any of the accommodation in person however I’ve had a look online and I’m not too keen on the accommodation available at the south campus ! Belgrave view doesn’t look too bad will probably apply for that as the others are quite a bit away !
The others are pretty far which is a shame as they do look very nice! However, I don’t mind a walk and if I can be near town then I can do more shopping 😂😝!! Well best of luck with your other interviews!
Reply 8
The others are pretty far which is a shame as they do look very nice! However, I don’t mind a walk and if I can be near town then I can do more shopping 😂😝!! Well best of luck with your other interviews!

That is very true😂 and aww thankyou ! Hopefully might see you soon! Good luck with the accommodation!
Original post by HavanaTiaX
Hey I’ve recently just had an offer for BCU for September and I’m thinking of firming it , was just wondering if anyone else has had an offer and if so are you thinking of coming here :smile:

Well done! I have an interview at BCU this month. What did you think of the interview and the iPad questions?
Reply 10
Original post by sumaiyahp
Well done! I have an interview at BCU this month. What did you think of the interview and the iPad questions?

It wasn’t too bad tbh, I think I overthought it when I heard we had to respond to service users on the iPads but once I was in there and they explained it to me it was quite straight forward ! You’ll be fine ! Good luck
Original post by HavanaTiaX
It wasn’t too bad tbh, I think I overthought it when I heard we had to respond to service users on the iPads but once I was in there and they explained it to me it was quite straight forward ! You’ll be fine ! Good luck

Thats good, thank you!

Ah hey guys, I'm 18, from Shoreditch, and I'm in my last year at college. I've been offered 5 choices, two of my favorite ones are coincidentally BCU and UWE Bristol! I assume that's your 'Bristol' choice Hayden? I haven't actually seen the south BCU seacole building yet, but I have seen UWE, and I really like it! I'm still torn haha. What was your 'back up' option or whatever they call it? Like, don't you get a main choice and then an alternative?? Obviously haven't accepted any offers yet lol x
UWE Bristol has been put as my back up option on UCAS and BCU my first! You get too choose which one will be your first and second choice! I loved UWE campus but it was a little old and dated compared to the BCU campus. I just fell in love with BCU, honesty amazing and there facitlitlys are incredible! X
UWE Bristol has been put as my back up option on UCAS and BCU my first! You get too choose which one will be your first and second choice! I loved UWE campus but it was a little old and dated compared to the BCU campus. I just fell in love with BCU, honesty amazing and there facitlitlys are incredible! X

Yeah the Seacole building at BCU South looks amaze ! I loved UWE too, but yeah, some parts of it are quite dated - saying that though, they are doing loads of modernisation work and they do have brilliant facilities !! Especially the accommodation. I think I'm torn between BCU and UWE because they're both good uni's, both very accessible, good rankings... I had better hurry up and decide though! I'm going to the UWE applicant day next month, it'll probably be packed with hundreds of people but at least I can get a second chance to decide haha! It's also the city too...Birmingham or Bris? I'm going BCU next weekend for a look around! BCU and UWE are only like an hour away from each other, so regardless of where I go it won't differ too much! I think I'm swaying more towards BCU but idk haha!

Thankyou for the advice though. What were your other options if you don't mind me asking? I applied for Greenwich (closer to where I live), Manchester met, Bournemouth, UWE Bristol and BCU. I've spoke to several people in the South West and most seem to have gone for Plymouth, Cardiff, Bristol UWE, Bournemouth (I think?), and places like BCU, Manchester, etc...
I applied too Plymouth, Bournemouth, Bristol and Birmingham. I got offers for all except Bournemouth as I confirmed BCU as soon a I got it!!
I applied too Plymouth, Bournemouth, Bristol and Birmingham. I got offers for all except Bournemouth as I confirmed BCU as soon a I got it!!

Ah cool, that sounds great - well done :smile:. I'm going to the BCU open day on the 24th March and the UWE applicant day next month! My cousin's studying Architecture at UWE so I'll meet him there for some guidance haha - will you be going to any of those days too? If so, I'll see you there ! :biggrin: X
(edited 6 years ago)
I am going to the BCU March open day so I can get some Accomadation information and have another look around! I will see you there!! 😀
(edited 6 years ago)
I am going to the BCU March open day so I can get some Accomadation information and have another look around! I will see you there!! 😀

Wooo that's cool !! :biggrin: I'm training it to New Street. Might see you there :smile:
Reply 19
Hi everyone,

I had my interview day there this past week... just waiting on my offer, I really like it there and I’m happy I’ve managed to find a group of people who are thinking about staying at the accommodation bc at my interview, lots of people were local and I was worried about being the only nursing student in accommodation :/ How far is everyone coming from if you are attending BCU?

Im also thinking of choosing the Belgrave View accommodation if I go there just because I didn’t like the quality of the City South accommodation...

Im finding it hard to chose between my offers... so lots of thinking to do!

Good luck everyone!!

Quick Reply

Latest