The Student Room Group

BTEC BUSINESS UNIT 6 principles of management exam January 2018

Does anyone have a rough idea of wha they think the question might be for the exam - also some schools/colleges are doing it on the 11th and some on the 12th

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tahreem786
Does anyone have a rough idea of wha they think the question might be for the exam - also some schools/colleges are doing it on the 11th and some on the 12th

Hey man do you know what to write for the exam? i am stuck on what we have to research, are we meant to be a labor market analysis for this or not? if its about effectiveness of the training and development than we need to conduct research on each topic like quality management, business culture, management styles, hr management etc? or am i over complicating something very easy lol
Reply 2
We need to know HR motivation and business culture for aure
Reply 3
Ya know in the PowerPoint what couldnour 6 headings be
Ya know in the PowerPoint what couldnour 6 headings be

For each of the essential topic I am writing the relevancy it has to training and development like for leadership, since there is a new managing director, leadership training will help him become more confidenent, integrity and improve communicational skills. Is that right? If you write this way I think you can evaluate and analyse much easily and for each topic like quality management I am going to write something relevant to training and the impact this will have? Is this correct or wrong

EDIT: it makes sense this thing has nothing to do with leadership style lol anyways i am going to do this HR and other stuff right now finishing it all off so i can memorize the day before exam.
(edited 6 years ago)
Did anyone in the feed take the exam today and knows of the questions for both part A/B?
Original post by haman1
For each of the essential topic I am writing the relevancy it has to training and development like for leadership, since there is a new managing director, leadership training will help him become more confidenent, integrity and improve communicational skills. Is that right? If you write this way I think you can evaluate and analyse much easily and for each topic like quality management I am going to write something relevant to training and the impact this will have? Is this correct or wrong

EDIT: it makes sense this thing has nothing to do with leadership style lol anyways i am going to do this HR and other stuff right now finishing it all off so i can memorize the day before exam.

Did you take the exam today haman?

When are you taking the exam ?
Original post by Olly99jones
Did you take the exam today haman?

no, but others are saying nothing on quality management was asked only on hr and training and development
Original post by haman1
no, but others are saying nothing on quality management was asked only on hr and training and development

That’s good to hear, please let me know if you find out anything else.
Part A was about HR planning for NBCC
Part B was about training and development for NBCC

Make sure you know:

Human resource planning
Motivation in the workplace
Theories of motivation
Meeting skill requirements
Upskilling and re skilling
Training and development
Performance appraisal
Quality standards

Spend about 1 hr 30 for both parts

for part a first have an intro then talk about issues with nbcc , then make recommendations and include hr planning etc. should have between 2-3 pages in total

for part b have a presentation with different training and development methods , bullet point what they are and advantage and disadvantage and make sure to expand on them in the speaker notes. after explaining all the training methods make recommendations on which methods nbcc need to take and state they need to use situational analysis like swot to assess which is best. should have between 6-8 slides.

Both parts are 44 marks and should have around 1 hr 30 spent

Following the correct structure, showing you understand the case study, applying hr planning , training development and theories of motivation will gurantee you a decent grade i hope this helps....too bad i learnt this stuff in the last couple days woulda helped if i knew this earlier this unit is so easy when u know what ur doing
Reply 11
Dont want to be 'that guy' but realistically, those who are currently helping out buy giving the part B information are putting everyone else that took the exam today and that is themselves too at a disadvantage. Grade boundaries will be based on how everyone did and so if the grades of the people doing the exam with Part B knowledge, that will put us in a comparatively lower grade boundary. :smile: As much helping out each other is good, please remember that you're actually indirectly damaging someone else's results, yours including.
Reply 12
Original post by Johnqy_
Dont want to be 'that guy' but realistically, those who are currently helping out buy giving the part B information are putting everyone else that took the exam today and that is themselves too at a disadvantage. Grade boundaries will be based on how everyone did and so if the grades of the people doing the exam with Part B knowledge, that will put us in a comparatively lower grade boundary. :smile: As much helping out each other is good, please remember that you're actually indirectly damaging someone else's results, yours including.

Sharing is caring
Original post by Johnqy_

all the sixth forms and colleges in my borough are cheating with their students giving them the questions on the 11th and having the exam on the 12th except my college so if u wanna complain i suggest you start filing reports to pearson. i just wish i was lucky enough to have an advantage like others. U and i may see it as cheating but at the end of the day they are getting higher grades because of it and thats what counts.
Reply 14
Original post by jkc_1999
all the sixth forms and colleges in my borough are cheating with their students giving them the questions on the 11th and having the exam on the 12th except my college so if u wanna complain i suggest you start filing reports to pearson. i just wish i was lucky enough to have an advantage like others. U and i may see it as cheating but at the end of the day they are getting higher grades because of it and thats what counts.

Might you please identify which are those sixth forms and colleges ?

And I certainly will. Not only to protect my own outcomes and therefore my future career prospects in a large way, but also because it is the right thing to moraly.

Exams are there to distinguish students and their abilities, through this creating a selection process after which we are essentailly rewarded. Some people work very hard to achieve good grades and to simply have someonene disrespect this ideal to me is unacceptable.
if you complain the grade boundaries are only going to go higher you dumb prick
Reply 16
Original post by danny1999786
if you complain the grade boundaries are only going to go higher you dumb prick

Pearson's wouldn't do that as they also understand that those who did not have this informatiom would be disadvantaged by such action. So before you make derrogatory comments, please make sure what you're saying makes sense.
Reply 17
Why you being selfish for bro.
Reply 18
Why you being selfish for bro.
Reply 19
Original post by Johnqy_

Why you hating for bro. Don"t be selfish

Quick Reply

Latest