The Student Room Group

Work experience

I am coming up for work experience in year 12 and i would like to do something with psychology in future and so i want to have work experience that will help me with that but i'm not sure where ro go or what to do?
If you can’t think of anything directly linked to psychology, think what kinda job you’ll be doing, and link the skills you believe you’ll need to a possible work experience later on, i mean, generally at university, alot of courses now have dedicated years to getting into work related to your course, so aslong as the work experience is relevant and shows some level of skill, go for it. Also try looking up some jobs related to psychology, and see if there are any businesses locally that do that work. I wouldn’t get too hung up on it
Original post by Izzymercer
I am coming up for work experience in year 12 and i would like to do something with psychology in future and so i want to have work experience that will help me with that but i'm not sure where ro go or what to do?

I doubt you can find good work experience in the psychology field apart from working at care homes I guess.
Original post by Izzymercer

Lots of psychology graduates end up working in HR, marketing or market research. Would any of them be interesting? Market research is the most practically related to psychology in that it’s commercial application of psychology research methods...

Quick Reply

Latest