The Student Room Group

Which one is a better version?

I am writing a book full of different quotes for every day of the year and I have to write a short description about the book on the back cover and this is what I have so far written:
1. Start your day off right - every day of the year with "365 days of positivity" - And be inspired for life. This wonderful perpetually relevant book features 365 powerful, thought-provoking quotes to inspire you to begin your day with renewed enthusiasm and a happy heart. In this book you will find inspiration coming from several hundred carefully selected motivating quotes of the most eminent philosophers, entrepreneurs, politicians, athletes, trainers, scientists and leaders.

2. Ever wanted a book that changes your entire life? Look no further grab
the 365 days of positivity book now, and start your day off with a positive attitude to your life through-out the year.
This wonderful perpetually relevant book features 365 powerful, thought-provoking quotes to inspire you to begin your day with renewed enthusiasm and a happy heart. In this book you will find inspiration coming from several hundred carefully selected motivating quotes of the most eminent philosophers, entrepreneurs, politicians, athletes, trainers, scientists and leaders.

I am not sure does it all make sense should I delete/add/change something?
I would appreciate any help and advice!
1 sounds better! 2 comes across more like a cheesy advert. I would use "...selected motivating quotes by the most eminent..."
But well done for the project. It sounds like a brilliant idea, especially for a form tutor to use in school. How about a poster version that could be displayed on a wall?
Original post by Lit teacher
1 sounds better! 2 comes across more like a cheesy advert. I would use "...selected motivating quotes by the most eminent..."
But well done for the project. It sounds like a brilliant idea, especially for a form tutor to use in school. How about a poster version that could be displayed on a wall?

Thank you! I guess I will stick with the 1st version then! I will just change it a bit as you have told me as it sounds better!I am thinking of some ways to promote it when I publish but I haven’t yet come up with any decent idea... I will probably most likely focus on advertising it on social media and some and also try and get it into some book stores so it can be easily accessible for people. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending