The Student Room Group

give me a good colour other than black

i'm going to paint a pic of flames for school, it's more zoomed but the background of the picture im painting is black, later im going to add some figures dancing on top of the flames but the figures are black so what other background can i use that is still dark and goes well with the moods of fire
Reply 1
Original post by Anika1184
i'm going to paint a pic of flames for school, it's more zoomed but the background of the picture im painting is black, later im going to add some figures dancing on top of the flames but the figures are black so what other background can i use that is still dark and goes well with the moods of fire

Contrasting colours: e.g. dark blue.
Navy blue or purple
Dark purple
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
Contrasting colours: e.g. dark blue.

but dark blue would like look dull against bright bursting flames. but thanks for trying to help me out :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by FloralLuxe
Navy blue or purple

but i need a colour that makes the fire stand out and purple with bursting flames will look....you see my dilemma haha
How about dark red?
but i need a colour that makes the fire stand out and purple with bursting flames will look....you see my dilemma haha

Green?
Bengali?
How about a nice racing red or neon green?
Reply 9
Original post by gemmafieldx
Dark purple

dark purple with bursting red flames makes the fire look dull with the scheme haha but thanks for helping
How about dark red?

the fire is orange, red yellow etc. so with the small variety of colors i've got they may blend into eachother
How about like a dark charcoaly grey colour?
red
Reply 13
but dark blue would like look dull against bright bursting flames. but thanks for trying to help me out :smile:

Nope, it helps the fire "pop" against a background. The background is best not to compete with the object.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shabby33
Bengali?
How about a nice racing red or neon green?

you guessed because my name is basic bengali af didn't you lmfao
the red will blend into the fire and the green with bursting flames........um noo lol thanks or trying to help tho bengalis unite lol
How about like a dark charcoaly grey colour?

thank you soooo much this is the perfect colour but i'm having trouble finding a direct 'charcoal' colour, i will look up on the internet, thanks so much you have no idea just helped me out for gcse's in what took you 3 secs. THANK YOUU XX LOVE YOU XD
LOL
How about Blue and Yellow/Gold
thank you soooo much this is the perfect colour but i'm having trouble finding a direct 'charcoal' colour, i will look up on the internet, thanks so much you have no idea just helped me out for gcse's in what took you 3 secs. THANK YOUU XX LOVE YOU XD

No problem, any time :biggrin: xx
Reply 18

Fair enough I did A-level art many years ago... perhaps things have changed.... :wink:
sparkly silver. yes.

Quick Reply

Latest