The Student Room Group

How hard is A-level art?

I’ve just applied for sixth form and put Art as one of my options. However, I’m slightly regretting choosing it. Currently, I take GCSE art and I got a 7 in my mock exam. I really love art but I don’t want to give myself too much work. The other options I’ve put down are criminology and health and social care. If I didn’t take art I would take psychology. I just need some advice really.
I never found art 'hard' per se but it was an enormous amount of work. You decide your own grade for all a levels but for art i think this is particularly true, if you dont stay behind, use your frees in the art rooms etc it is hard to get a good grade
Probably one of the worst A levels to do time wise.
(edited 6 years ago)
its not particularly hard ... more so EXTREMELY time-consuming.. what i decided to do (since i still enjoy and want to do art) is not take it as an A level but instead do it in my own time at home and create a portfolio which helps me go at my own pace. it can be quite hard to create a routine though and to balance it all with my other subjects and it can cost a bit depending on how much money you have / how experimental you want to be with it.

EDIT: But its a lot more fun because i can do what i want and choose what i want to do, not what my teachers says is good, so it gives alot more freedom. :smile: also it allows you to be able to do it whenever YOU have free time.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest