The Student Room Group

OCR Computer Science NEA

I am starting my NEA and was never taught how to lay it all out. Does anyone have any examples or tips on how to lay it out??
Reply 1
Original post by pmccloskey624
I am starting my NEA and was never taught how to lay it all out. Does anyone have any examples or tips on how to lay it out??

Im not sure about your specification but mine came like you lay it out step by step it was basically instructions on my sheet of paper and once you finished you write a report on it. However i thought the NEA was scrapped cause people were cheating im not doing it anymore so my gcse is now fully based on my exam my written work.
We will find out on Monday if NEA has been scrapped for 2018 + 2019 Computer Science classes. This is relevant for all exam boards.
Original post by samhendrie
We will find out on Monday if NEA has been scrapped for 2018 + 2019 Computer Science classes. This is relevant for all exam boards.

Considering the chaos with OCR withdrawing and replacing the previous (two? I heard from someone) NEA tasks due to leaks this might be a good move.
Original post by _gcx
Considering the chaos with OCR withdrawing and replacing the previous (two? I heard from someone) NEA tasks due to leaks this might be a good move.

These were their 'options' (OCR):
-Scrap it, and have two exams at 50% each
-Do what they do in science, like a required practical, and have two exams at 50% each
-Give a BTEC-like qualification for practical (Pass, Merit, Distinction, Distinction*) and have a GCSE in Computer Science, with two exams each at 50%

For the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 cohort, they may do the first option suggested above.
Original post by _Signal_
Im not sure about your specification but mine came like you lay it out step by step it was basically instructions on my sheet of paper and once you finished you write a report on it. However i thought the NEA was scrapped cause people were cheating im not doing it anymore so my gcse is now fully based on my exam my written work.

Yeah will probs be scrapped but my teacher said we will do the nea no matter what as it will help us with paper 2 and if we choose to take computing on at AS/A Level. But I am still proper bricking it!!!
Reply 6
Ofqual has today decided to scrap it in its entirety
May I have the link to where it says it’s been scrapped?
Original post by ns_2
Original post by HXA97

Check Ofqual Twitter
Original post by ns_2

Sooooooooooo happy!!!!!
Reply 10
Original post by HXA97

Ofqual's Letter to students concerning the future of the NEA:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/672113/Letter_to_students.pdf
cheesy-mouse-clipart.jpg
Bit late here but will it end up being slightly like the GCSE english speaking and listening?
Original post by Bill Nye
Bit late here but will it end up being slightly like the GCSE english speaking and listening?

I believe so. In my school, at least - the school has to give us 20 hours to complete the task, verify this with OCR, but we are allowed to use the internet and help each other. It is just good practice - counts towards nothing.
Hi how are people revising for cs
Do you have your nea coming up?
Original post by gagagogo
cheesy-mouse-clipart.jpg

slurppppppppppp
Original post by username3174870
i believe so. In my school, at least - the school has to give us 20 hours to complete the task, verify this with ocr, but we are allowed to use the internet and help each other. It is just good practice - counts towards nothing.

oooohhhh mmeeee goshhh sammeee
#twinning #bestie #wow #itsfate #letsgetmarried #muah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending