The Student Room Group

HELP!!!!!

Hi

Has anyone used codecademy before as wanted to know what it was all about as my tutor recommended I use it to do extra work on.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by caymen
Hi

Has anyone used codecademy before as wanted to know what it was all about as my tutor recommended I use it to do extra work on.

I used codeacademy for a while to learn a bit of basic HTML. I found it easy to use and I still remember bits from it - it's quite an interactive webstie.
Reply 2
Original post by Fox Corner
I used codeacademy for a while to learn a bit of basic HTML. I found it easy to use and I still remember bits from it - it's quite an interactive webstie.

so would u recommend using it
Original post by caymen
so would u recommend using it

Yeah I thought it was pretty good from what I remember!
Reply 4
Original post by Fox Corner
Yeah I thought it was pretty good from what I remember!

What did u learn on codecademy
Original post by caymen
What did u learn on codecademy

Just a bit of basic HTML :smile:
Original post by caymen
Hi

It's alright. However, if you already know your basics (control/flow statements, variables etc.) it will be far too easy for you.

You are better off reading the documentation for the language that you want to learn or pick up a book instead.
Reply 7
Original post by Blue_Cow
It's alright. However, if you already know your basics (control/flow statements, variables etc.) it will be far too easy for you.

You are better off reading the documentation for the language that you want to learn or pick up a book instead.

I'll read a book on it after maybe
Reply 8

which book do u recommend
Original post by caymen
which book do u recommend

Depends on what language.
Reply 10

HTML or c++
Reply 11

I'm in town tomorrow would it be a good idea to look in some charity shops for some programming books or won't they have any
Original post by caymen
HTML or c++

I didn't use a book for HTML, but when I was learning C++, this was recommended to me https://www.amazon.com/dp/0321992784/?tag=stackoverflow17-20
Reply 13
(QUOTE=Blue_Cow;75427716]I didn't use a book for HTML, but when I was learning C , this was recommended to me https://www.amazon.com/dp/0321992784/?tag=stackoverflow17-20

I'm in town tomorrow would it be a good idea to look in some charity shops for some programming books or won't they have any
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by caymen

I doubt you'll have much luck with charity shops, but old programming textbooks (like this one) will have PDFs online as universities share them with students. Try Google.
Reply 15
I doubt you'll have much luck with charity shops, but old programming textbooks (like this one) will have PDFs online as universities share them with students. Try Google.

I'll look online and if I find some.tomprrow then I'll buy them. do u have any online books u could send me please
Original post by caymen
I'll look online and if I find some.tomprrow then I'll buy them. do u have any online books u could send me please

Not for HTML/C++, I'm afraid. I only have one Haskell online textbook bookmarked.
Reply 17

if charity shops wouldn't sell programming books then what shop will then
Original post by caymen
if charity shops wouldn't sell programming books then what shop will then

WH Smiths might have some, but the best prices will be online on eBay/Amazon.
Reply 19
Not for HTML/C++, I'm afraid. I only have one Haskell online textbook bookmarked.

can u share with me the textbook you have please as it might be usefull for something else I wanna learn

Quick Reply

Latest