caymen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi

Has anyone used codecademy before as wanted to know what it was all about as my tutor recommended I use it to do extra work on.
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by caymen)
Hi

Has anyone used codecademy before as wanted to know what it was all about as my tutor recommended I use it to do extra work on.
I used codeacademy for a while to learn a bit of basic HTML. I found it easy to use and I still remember bits from it - it's quite an interactive webstie.
caymen
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fox Corner)
I used codeacademy for a while to learn a bit of basic HTML. I found it easy to use and I still remember bits from it - it's quite an interactive webstie.
so would u recommend using it
Fox Corner
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
so would u recommend using it
Yeah I thought it was pretty good from what I remember!
caymen
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fox Corner)
Yeah I thought it was pretty good from what I remember!
What did u learn on codecademy
Fox Corner
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What did u learn on codecademy
Just a bit of basic HTML
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi

It's alright. However, if you already know your basics (control/flow statements, variables etc.) it will be far too easy for you.

You are better off reading the documentation for the language that you want to learn or pick up a book instead.
caymen
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
It's alright. However, if you already know your basics (control/flow statements, variables etc.) it will be far too easy for you.

You are better off reading the documentation for the language that you want to learn or pick up a book instead.
I'll read a book on it after maybe
caymen
Rep:
?

which book do u recommend
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
which book do u recommend
Depends on what language.
caymen
Rep:
?
HTML or c++
caymen
Rep:
?
I'm in town tomorrow would it be a good idea to look in some charity shops for some programming books or won't they have any
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
HTML or c++
I didn't use a book for HTML, but when I was learning C++, this was recommended to me https://www.amazon.com/dp/0321992784...koverflow17-20
caymen
Rep:
?
(QUOTE=Blue_Cow;75427716]I didn't use a book for HTML, but when I was learning C , this was recommended to me https://www.amazon.com/dp/0321992784...koverflow17-20[/QUOTE]

I'm in town tomorrow would it be a good idea to look in some charity shops for some programming books or won't they have any
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I doubt you'll have much luck with charity shops, but old programming textbooks (like this one) will have PDFs online as universities share them with students. Try Google.
caymen
Rep:
?
I doubt you'll have much luck with charity shops, but old programming textbooks (like this one) will have PDFs online as universities share them with students. Try Google.
I'll look online and if I find some.tomprrow then I'll buy them. do u have any online books u could send me please
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'll look online and if I find some.tomprrow then I'll buy them. do u have any online books u could send me please
Not for HTML/C++, I'm afraid. I only have one Haskell online textbook bookmarked.
caymen
Rep:
?
if charity shops wouldn't sell programming books then what shop will then
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if charity shops wouldn't sell programming books then what shop will then
WH Smiths might have some, but the best prices will be online on eBay/Amazon.
caymen
Rep:
?
Not for HTML/C++, I'm afraid. I only have one Haskell online textbook bookmarked.
can u share with me the textbook you have please as it might be usefull for something else I wanna learn
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads