The Student Room Group

Obsessed with Breaking Bad

I think I'm obsessed with Breaking Bad...

I've watched the series through every year since 2013, which is when I first viewed it, and am currently on my 5th watch through.

Has anyone else got an obsession with this amazing TV show? or any other show for that matter?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by JackStockham

I've watched the series through every year since 2013, which is when I first viewed it, and am currently on my 5th watch through.

Has anyone else got an obsession with this amazing TV show? or any other show for that matter?

Not surprised. I’ve also watched Breaking Bad quite a lot of times.

i started 3 episodes from season 1 and i then i just kinda stopped....lack of motivation or something. i know my sister rlly loves it too? but from all it's hype, i definitely plan to continue with it at some point (house of cards is my priority now tho)

have you seen better call saul? that's a prequel to breaking bad if you want something fresh to feed your obsession
Reply 3
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
i started 3 episodes from season 1 and i then i just kinda stopped....lack of motivation or something. i know my sister rlly loves it too? but from all it's hype, i definitely plan to continue with it at some point (house of cards is my priority now tho)

have you seen better call saul? that's a prequel to breaking bad if you want something fresh to feed your obsession

Better Call Saul is overrated imo. You just hear how really good it is but it isn’t all that exciting.
Original post by ZiggyStardust_

I haven't yet, I'm planning to watch it after my current binge. Never see House of Cards, any good?
Yes
I haven't yet, I'm planning to watch it after my current binge. Never see House of Cards, any good?

Yeah, it's great, Spacey is good in it. Although he is a terrible person...

It is an exceptionally good television show; the paradigmatic "prestige drama" of the post-Sopranos years. It's magnificent, although the final season wasn't as good.

But instead of watching this show over and over again, why don't you watch some of the other "Golden Age of Television"-type TV shows? Here are but a few which are just as addictive and bingeable;

*The Americans
*The Expanse
*Rick & Morty
*Westworld
*The Wire
*The Sopranos
*Bojack Horseman
*Mr Robot
*I, Claudius (not a recent show, but excellent still)
*Rome

Go on, start watching them. You can thank me later :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Black Water
Better Call Saul is overrated imo.

As someone who absolutely loved Breaking Bad (and also loves slow, literary TV shows), I'd say Better Call Saul sucks balls. It's just not a very good TV show. Almost nothing happens in it. It takes three seasons to tell a story that could have been done in one.

There are far better "Golden Age of Television" shows. The list I wrote above is a good start
Reply 9
Original post by AlexanderHam
As someone who absolutely loved Breaking Bad (and also loves slow, literary TV shows), I'd say Better Call Saul sucks balls. It's just not a very good TV show. Almost nothing happens in it. It takes three seasons to tell a story that could have been done in one.

There are far better "Golden Age of Television" shows. The list I wrote above is a good start

I agree. They’re supposed to show their lives before Breaking Bad even happened. If it’s that dull, why even make Better Call Saul. Nothing exciting about it, haven’t even seen one episode that I really liked.
I agree. They’re supposed to show their lives before Breaking Bad even happened. If it’s that dull, why even make Better Call Saul. Nothing exciting about it, haven’t even seen one episode that I really liked.

The thing is, I think it could be quite interesting to see him as Saul Goodman, to see all the hijinks he gets up to. His total lack of professional ethics is almost like his "super powers", we could watch him getting his clients off with very devious means.

Instead it's just been one boring episode after another, with pretty much nothing happening.

I'm not going to watch season 4 when released
It is an exceptionally good television show; the paradigmatic "prestige drama" of the post-Sopranos years. It's magnificent, although the final season wasn't as good.

But instead of watching this show over and over again, why don't you watch some of the other "Golden Age of Television"-type TV shows? Here are but a few which are just as addictive and bingeable;

*The Americans
*The Expanse
*Rick & Morty
*Westworld
*The Wire
*The Sopranos
*Bojack Horseman
*Mr Robot
*I, Claudius (not a recent show, but excellent still)
*Rome

Go on, start watching them. You can thank me later :smile:

Thank you for the suggestions :smile:
Reply 12
I've seen Breaking Bad about three times I think. I'm far worse with BoJack Horseman. The fourth season only came out last September and I've already seen most episodes at least three times, and I must have seen everything in the first three seasons five+ times.
Reply 13
The thing is, I think it could be quite interesting to see him as Saul Goodman, to see all the hijinks he gets up to. His total lack of professional ethics is almost like his "super powers", we could watch him getting his clients off with very devious means.

Instead it's just been one boring episode after another, with pretty much nothing happening.

I'm not going to watch season 4 when released

Yeah, I get what you mean. You would have thought that his life as a corrupt lawyer would’ve been more exciting.

It's the best show ever.

I've only watched it through once because I wanted to wait a few years, So I can forget a lot of it and experience it again.
Reply 15
Original post by NotNotBatman
It's the best show ever.

I've only watched it through once because I wanted to wait a few years, So I can forget a lot of it and experience it again.

Yeah lol same here. I can’t seem to forget it though.
You would have thought that his life as a corrupt lawyer would’ve been more exciting.

It isn't his life as a corrupt lawyer. It is his development into a corrupt lawyer.
Reply 17
Original post by Good bloke
It isn't his life as a corrupt lawyer. It is his development into a corrupt lawyer.

Well...so far I’ve seen nothing that is interesting. I thought it would have been better considering how much people were talking about it. Do you like it so far?
Do you like it so far?

I love it. I'm near the end of season 3 and it has grown on me throughout.
BB is brilliant. it shows how STEM can change lives.

Quick Reply

Latest