The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

****s sake Pedro. Why dump Jorginho in it there.

Its as if the players just think they have to make these little passes, they don't understand the system well enough yet to know when and how to do it.
Reply 3981
Original post by stirkee
****s sake Pedro. Why dump Jorginho in it there.

Its as if the players just think they have to make these little passes, they don't understand the system well enough yet to know when and how to do it.

Maybe because he's had 3 weeks to train the players in a new system.
Original post by bj27
Maybe because he's had 3 weeks to train the players in a new system.

Oh yeah I completely agree, that's what I'm trying to say. This is going to take time, we all knew it would. For once as a club we HAVE to have patience.
Original post by S.G.
Incredible how poor our recruitment has been. Especially highlighted in games like these. Bernardo Silva, Riyad Mahrez would be starting for us, yet they’re City’s bench options.

Trust, B. Silva is the exact type of player we could use in midfield. Unreal work rate and great at transitioning.
great goal, but again too easy. We were caught high up he pitch and then we always looked like conceding.
Reply 3985
Chelsea flex their depth as Drinkwater comes on.

Willian might even have a half decent game because the cameras are here.
Hazard must be seriously regretting not going to Madrid...

:laugh:
Reply 3987
City always have a full back in support on the left. We’re tiring as well, as we’ve done in all our games this preseason. Then there’s the high line.

Morata 0/10. He’s not had much service but he’s not done anything either without the ball.
So many bang average players in the team
Reply 3989
Don’t think we learnt anything we didn’t already know from that game.
Slightly worrying second half with just how poor we were. Willian aside, the players we could bring on to try to change the game were Drinkwater, Abraham and Moses..

We looked very very tired in the second half. I think it could be a tough first few weeks of the season, not sure I like going away to Huddersfield first either. They'll have nothing to lose.
Reply 3991
Our only good defender is Azpi. Christensen is alright but nothing special.

Our midfield is slow and our attack is hopeless.

Pretty much same as last year but with Jorginho.

Not sure how much even the best coach (Conte wasn't so bad at that aspect!) can do with this squad. Too much money spent on idiotic buys. City splash the cash but they usually spend well. We just sign loads of shite players for twice what they are worth.

Lets see what Sarri can do over the coming months but I doubt he can do anything without spending a lot of money to implement the system (that's what it took for Pep to do it).
Original post by mhsc
Our only good defender is Azpi. Christensen is alright but nothing special.

Our midfield is slow and our attack is hopeless.

Pretty much same as last year but with Jorginho.

Not sure how much even the best coach (Conte wasn't so bad at that aspect!) can do with this squad. Too much money spent on idiotic buys. City splash the cash but they usually spend well. We just sign loads of shite players for twice what they are worth.

Lets see what Sarri can do over the coming months but I doubt he can do anything without spending a lot of money to implement the system (that's what it took for Pep to do it).

Yeah agreed. Sarri has always said he prefers to coach rather than buy so hopefully he can improve some of these players. He's gonna have to.

We have big players to come back and City are the best team in the country by far so I don't think any of us expected to win today. I think I hoped for a better performance though. 4-5/10s all over the pitch.
I prefer not to speak.

[video="youtube;ELsPAc2x8PM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELsPAc2x8PM[/video]
Sarri will be fine if he's given time. Question if he'll get it at Chelsea but he'll certainly get more than the 3 weeks he's had.

What a lot of people are forgetting is that Chelsea will keep their top players fresh for the league. The likes of Hazard, Azpilicueta, Kante, Courtois (if he stays) won't touch Europa football, they will be well rested and that will make a big difference over the season.

Still think Chelsea will manage a top 4 finish.
Reply 3996
Loooool at sr90 and trapking
Top 4 will be well competed.

I think the top 2 is settled. The title will be between City and Liverpool.

Man Utd Spurs Chelsea and Arsenal to fight for top 4

Though I think United and Spurs will manage to come in the top 4. But if Hazard continues his world cup form Chelsea could sneak 4th
Reply 3998
Yeah I think we can manage top 4, but it will be the most difficult its ever been. Its a proper top 6 now. I'm not even sure there is shame in finishing 5th anymore tbh
There's a gulf between City and the rest. Maybe Liverpool come close now. But we're not there yet. We are capable of getting top 4 though, and i'll reserve judgement on that until I see how we play with Haz and Kante back.

Top 4 and a cup would be a good first season for Sarri.

Latest