The Student Room Group

changed mind about uni help??

so I'm currently doing an access course via distance learning and I have already applied for uni this September and received 2 offers. however I'm realising that there's no way I will finish my access course by June unless I really cram it all in but with my job and other plans this year its just not going to happen and it's really stressing me out. am I able to defer my application to next year? I have 2 years to complete the access course and I really wanted to go to uni this year (I'd be nearly 22 when I start this year but if I wait till next year then I'll be nearly 23) but I'd rather go next year if it means I can take my time with the access course and not stress so much. I don't know if this is possible though to defer my application to next year or can I cancel it? will I then have to reapply next year and will this affect my chance of the same unis giving me offers? I'm not too sure how this works thanks!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by lucyfloss
so I'm currently doing an access course via distance learning and I have already applied for uni this September and received 2 offers. however I'm realising that there's no way I will finish my access course by June unless I really cram it all in but with my job and other plans this year its just not going to happen and it's really stressing me out. am I able to defer my application to next year? I have 2 years to complete the access course and I really wanted to go to uni this year (I'd be nearly 22 when I start this year but if I wait till next year then I'll be nearly 23) but I'd rather go next year if it means I can take my time with the access course and not stress so much. I don't know if this is possible though to defer my application to next year or can I cancel it? will I then have to reapply next year and will this affect my chance of the same unis giving me offers? I'm not too sure how this works thanks!

1. Yes it will be fine and sounds like a sensible decision.
2. You might still want to go to any open days just to see what your potential unis are like.
3. You can ask for deferred offers if needs be. Depending on the course then unis are usually fine, but its their loss if not.
You can also cancel.
4. It is much more sensible to realise and make a good decision now rather than risk the whole course. Smart.
5. Check with and notify your course provider.
6. Dont worry about the age thing. there will be plenty of people who are older and nobody will really notice unless. The age point doesnt matter.
7. Unis will be fine. Talk to them and the course provider. You can also let UCAS know if you wish to cancel. Sounds like you are making the right choice for you. If you can then whilst you are working, then try and save money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending