LadyLois
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm studying two books of poetry; Mean Time by Carol Ann Duffy and Whitsun Weddings by Philip Larkin.
My exam board is WJEC and the exam is two hours long with two sections, one individual poem study and one comparison essay.
I'm not entirely sure how to approach revision for this, it's an open book exam so I shouldn't need to learn quotes by heart, what do I need to revise though?
Thanks
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LadyLois)
I'm studying two books of poetry; Mean Time by Carol Ann Duffy and Whitsun Weddings by Philip Larkin.
My exam board is WJEC and the exam is two hours long with two sections, one individual poem study and one comparison essay.
I'm not entirely sure how to approach revision for this, it's an open book exam so I shouldn't need to learn quotes by heart, what do I need to revise though?
Thanks
Learn your annotations (literary features, effect of language etc.), do lots of comparative essay plans so you can work out what the key themes/points to compare are.
Nana_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do loads of practise essays as it helps you a lot with your time keeping. Our class used to make a comparative table with different section for different motifs - what lines, AO4 that goes with it and how the lines from the poetry portray the motif etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel the grades you will receive this year will be fair?

Yes I feel the grades I will receive will be fair (36)
22.36%
No, I don't feel the grades I will receive will be fair (77)
47.83%
I'm unsure (48)
29.81%

Watched Threads