The Student Room Group

AQA English Language and Literature 2008

I'm currently doing mocks for Unit 6: Critical approaches (A2)

I'm just appealing for anyone who is going to be doing this in the summer to post:
We're not allowed to discuss the pre-release material with teachers, but can with other students. So I thought that if we get a list of people here now, then we can come back in the summer, knowing others are doing it too, and discuss the source texts before the exam?

It's good to have a range of opinions and viewpoints that others might not have picked up on :smile:

EDIT: I forgot to say specification B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*signs on dotted line*
Reply 2
Oooh me too :smile:
Sorry to bump this up, but is there anyone else? Not long til the exam... :s
Hey me too!
Reply 5
I'll join too :smile:
Reply 6
Why not? I'll pop into the discussion now and then :biggrin: Should be interesting.
:smile:
I'll join too. I'm dreading these exams, I have the anthology retake on friday for the SECOND time!!

What is everyone's grades atm? Any tips?
Reply 9
I got 254 too. 97 on the anthology paper and not quite sure how :s-smilie: lol
Reply 10
hello, im joining too. i'm more worried about the unit 5 exam!
We've been told we're getting the Pre Release material for the 4th June,
Is that the same for you guys?
and yeah I agree, I am very worried about the UNIT 5 exam!
Reply 12
Yep we're getting ours on the 4th too... I got an A last year - need one for uni but unit 5 so far had been U's and at best D's aghhh I hate Twelfth Night!! Unit 6 worries me too but I'm just glad its not all unseen texts - I think it would really help to talk about the pre-releases.. I also have no idea how to answer question 2 - I had to make up my approaches on our mock exam!
Reply 13
who else is doing Hamlet for their unit 5?
meee !
Im doing it aswell....and im scared...i hope we get an easy theme like the mirrors one from 2007.....not sumthing like Law....2004...well hard!
Reply 16
ill join .....signs on dotted line...done :smile:
Reply 17
I'll join too... i'm dreading both of them, i get confused with all the different approaches you can use in Unit 6! :s-smilie:
Reply 18
yeh i really dont get the approaches, we had one lesson on it and i missed it so i've been doing it myself but i really dont see the point in it.
yep im in.

im worried about both but more so unit 5.
yeah getting the pre release on the 4th

Latest