The Student Room Group

Do you have to get over 40% in all uni exams

So i am a first year and this will be my first exam. My module grade is out of 200 marks. My coursework was out of 100 and is worth 60% of my final grade and the exam will be worth 40%. I got a high 2:1 in my coursework and I calculated to get 40% in my overall module I would only need a single mark from my exam. I have heard that if you get less than 40% in the exam that they wont add the mark to the final grade.
Original post by Ilikepringles72
So i am a first year and this will be my first exam. My module grade is out of 200 marks. My coursework was out of 100 and is worth 60% of my final grade and the exam will be worth 40%. I got a high 2:1 in my coursework and I calculated to get 40% in my overall module I would only need a single mark from my exam. I have heard that if you get less than 40% in the exam that they wont add the mark to the final grade.

Some universities require you to pass the exam AND the coursework (40%). This is the case at Edinburgh.

Ask your lecturers/your department/school's administrative/teaching organisation for an answer that's specific to your university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending