The Student Room Group
Reply 1
what is pyb4? what you studying 4 it?
Reply 2
oh and good luck! :smile: lol
Reply 3
It's basically AQA Psychology, but speficiation B, not A. I haven't come across another person other than in my school doing it!
Our teacher taught us 4 questions on Cognitive Development, Moral development, Human Relationships and Criminal Psychology. I'll be doing the first 3 topics in my exam- Criminal Psychology is too hard!

YAY ANOTHER PYB4 PERSON. :biggrin:

Our teachers only really got round to teaching us cognitive development and criminology, had to half self teach half ask questions on exceptional development (such a long topic argh) so I won't even have a choice in the exam tomorrow ... I just hope the long answer questions aren't like, horrible.

good luck! :smile:
Reply 5
invisibleforest
YAY ANOTHER PYB4 PERSON. :biggrin:

Our teachers only really got round to teaching us cognitive development and criminology, had to half self teach half ask questions on exceptional development (such a long topic argh) so I won't even have a choice in the exam tomorrow ... I just hope the long answer questions aren't like, horrible.

good luck! :smile:

Woo hey there :biggrin:
I'm bricking it tbh! Ive never felt this bad before a psychology exam before. Argghhhhhh. I'm so worried about the 12 mark questions- especially if eisenberg comes up- don't have a CLUE. But that came up in the summer so I hope it's not repeated this year. I also can't face having to re learn all this rubbish to re-sit it in the summer, so yeah! Good luck to you, tell me what you thought!
will do. :smile:

i'm at the stage where i've no idea what i know and what i don't know. i look at my notes and think "oh yeahhhh" but i don't really know if i know it. *DIES*

apparently this is the hardest one >.<
Reply 7
How did it go i.f.!? I found it quite easy, but only due to luck.. the cog development 12 mark question was easy- loads to say on bruner! Same with the moral development question on Kohlberg. I found reltionships hard due to not having enough information from my teacher about the theories.
How was criminal psychology?! I heard it was evil!
aw no! i don't know bruner as well as i did vygotsky or piaget so that was a shame.
the only long question on exceptional development i properly revised was 'social and emotional consequences of being identified as gifted' which came up as the long question, word for word. :biggrin:
And criminology wasn't too bad i think. there was a first 2 mark question that everyone sort of read and was like, "wtf?" but then the 6 mark after that was easy, and the long question was okayish ...

The questions could have been a lot worse, so overall it went pretty well i think. still, you never know with pschology >.<
Reply 9
I thought it was okay. But for question 2 essay on Bruner, i initially started talking about Bowlby and thought 'ahhh ****tt' (and then started to panic) but then thought 'duhhhhh' and wrote all i could.

i felt that i was really tight for time as well. towards the end my handwriting was TERRIBLE.
Reply 10
Yeah I would have much prefered Piaget to come up on either Moral development or Cog Development, because there are so many general criticisms of him :P Ah well. My handwriting was awful as well, my main worry coming out of the exam was that the examiners wouldn't be able to understand what i'd written!
Nah, examiners probably get used to the fact that the last few lines of the last question especially, always look more like an extended squiggle than a series of words. :biggrin:

Have you guys done PYB6 (coursework) as well?
Reply 12
Hmm. Kind of, but tbh, no-one in the year has a clue what they're doing.

Latest

Trending

Trending