noonespecial
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
i had a relatively empty calendar in the first term, my own fault, i should have done more and met more people but i'll get doin' more stuff now.

any clubs starting now? sports? owt?

I'll take a trip t'gym and t'engine shed soon, just wondering if anyone had any recommendations. Seen as I ballsed up the first term by sitting in so much, I need to get into gear now.
lambzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
what are you into?

think most clubs you can just go along too and just join straight away, i knew aload of the rugby guys so just went to training with them...
ChelsJB
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
does anyone know if their is a debating society at lincoln? x
Steeps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
there is a debating soc, but can't remember what it's called.

as for clubs starting up, unless there's a huge passion by the members for one to start good luck getting one off the ground. Motorsport got canned due to not enough interest, even though there were 5-6 regulars no one had the energy to put some push into it.

Archery was started, about 20 people showed up for the initial meeting to get the ball rolling but as the SU were unwilling to help with initial startup costs and had the idea of turning it into a 100+ member society. No one wanted to take that on either and that died before starting off.

I've personally not found the SU very helpful at Lincoln at all, most of the people I talk with or go to events with do it off their own back because of the way the SU wants things done.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 30 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise