Gabs.97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can I get some hints here please on how I should do this question?
Mimir
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What are your initial thoughts?
Gabs.97
Rep:
?
The clause was not prominently displayed and the defendant did not take any measure to inform Georgina that he intended to add the new clause in the contract. And then going for the liability for breach of contract UCAT1977.

I am bit lost to be honest!!!

I could also argue that the exclusion was not brought to the notice of the party before or at the time the contract was made, and that only I I agree with the clause and further I can also touch the ambiguity.

Regarding the injury and loss of Jakob, I don’t if I should be against him or her but there clearly says that the sign was attached over over door.
Forum User
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Try and put your thoughts in a logical order. At the moment you are jumping from one place to the next.

For the contractual claim, you might consider, in order, (i) whether there was a contract (this is obvious); (ii) whether there is a breach of contract; (iii) whether the purported exclusion clause has been incorporated into the contract; (iv) whether, on its true construction, the exclusion clause covers the breach and the damage complained of; (v) whether it is possible as a matter of law to exclude that type of liability.

Use a similar logical structure for the claim by Jakob. Don't assume there is a breach of duty. Deal with exclusion of liability for the broken ankle and the ripped suit separately for obvious reasons.
Gabs.97
Rep:
?
Thank you for your advise, it’s very helpful.

Now I am going to put them in a chronological order as you said.

However, regardless statutory law, what acts would you recommend me to go for ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (25)
15.82%
No one else does (54)
34.18%
I'm embarrassed about my background (17)
10.76%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (53)
33.54%
We don't use a video platform (2)
1.27%
I don't have a camera (2)
1.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise