The Student Room Group

Uni notetaking [1st Year]

I don't know whether to write out notes by hand and read, or to print lecture slides and read. If I were to write by hand, I would simply write out what was in the lecture notes but condensed and covering the important points. But if I decided not to write,the time that would have gone into writing would be spent on reading notes. But the thing is that I don't know if the time taken to read printed notes would outweigh the benefits of writing notes and reading.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Sameerio
I don't know whether to write out notes by hand and read, or to print lecture slides and read. If I were to write by hand, I would simply write out what was in the lecture notes but condensed and covering the important points. But if I decided not to write,the time that would have gone into writing would be spent on reading notes. But the thing is that I don't know if the time taken to read printed notes would outweigh the benefits of writing notes and reading.

The way I go about doing it is that if I pre-print the lectures beforehand, and read through them before I attend the lecture, I’ve got a rough idea of what I will be covering.

Therefore, when you go in, you’re able to understand most of the notes, and can pay close attention to what the lecturer is mentioning.

I’d recommend reading them beforehand, and making key points during and after. By doing this, you’ve got a more broad understanding.

A.
Hello Sameerio,

I graduated from UCL last year with an MSc in Management.
From my experience, all students go through the same process.
When revising exams or submitting papers lots of PDF reading is always required.
Research papers, journal articles, textbooks, class material ect., it can get messy fast.
Being organize is obviously key! To stay efficient I use the APP Squeezit to organize my notes and revisions.
It is super cool and easy to use. You can find it on the App Store, only for Mac.
You can make your own study guides, flashcards and mind-maps out of any PDFs.
It is very useful and timesaving !
No need to print out PDFs or rewrite.
Hope this helps-
Feel free to reach out !

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending