How many assignments and exams did you have in your first year of your history degree

Watch
Jack6999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am just wondering how many pieces of coursework and exams everyone had during their first year
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's going to depend massively on your university.

I'm in my first year studying History and Politics at LSE, however, due to the course structure, I'm only taking 1 history module this year (I have 4 modules in total).

My history module has no coursework. I wrote 1 essay this term, and will be set 2 more next term, but none of them count towards my overall grade. My grade will be determined by 1 exam in the summer.

I also have 3 other exams (one for each of my other modules).
Jack6999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
It's going to depend massively on your university.

I'm in my first year studying History and Politics at LSE, however, due to the course structure, I'm only taking 1 history module this year (I have 4 modules in total).

My history module has no coursework. I wrote 1 essay this term, and will be set 2 more next term, but none of them count towards my overall grade. My grade will be determined by 1 exam in the summer.

I also have 3 other exams (one for each of my other modules).
Thats so different to me. I have already completed 3 modules. We have 6 modules for the year. I have had to complete 2 2000 word essays a 1500 word essay, 1000 word primary source analysis, 500 word annotated bibliography another 1000 word essay and a 2 hour exam. Luckily none of the work accounts for my final grade. Although every piece of work ive done is what will be my first year final grade.
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jack6999)
Thats so different to me. I have already completed 3 modules. We have 6 modules for the year. I have had to complete 2 2000 word essays a 1500 word essay, 1000 word primary source analysis, 500 word annotated bibliography another 1000 word essay and a 2 hour exam. Luckily none of the work accounts for my final grade. Although every piece of work ive done is what will be my first year final grade.
Yeah that sounds very different! We take the same 4 modules for the whole year.

In total, I've written 4 essays this term, one for each module. (Two were 1500 words, one was 1000 words and the history one was 3000 words).

Next term I have coursework essays for two of my modules, as well as the standard 1 essay a term per module. I then have an exam for each module.

My first year counts towards my final degree grade though (9%)
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Times have changed... I studied History a very long time ago and in my first year, I wrote 30 essays and 6 seminar papers but had no exams. None of the written work was formally assessed or counted towards my final mark.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.23%
I'm not sure (8)
2.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.11%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.32%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.7%

Watched Threads