Girls call me cute??? but don't elaborate??? Watch

Prefect1992
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hiya guys, I know this sounds stupid, basically I seem to get called "cute" a lot by girls that I know (both as friends and girls that I just meet)

What does this mean? it just seems so vague... and I'm sick and tired of being called cute....
ParkHyungSuk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dodo0099)
Hiya guys, I know this sounds stupid, basically I seem to get called "cute" a lot by girls that I know (both as friends and girls that I just meet)

What does this mean? it just seems so vague... and I'm sick and tired of being called cute....
It means you're more of a Theodore than an Alvin, if you get what I mean.
Ninja Squirrel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Cute usually means you have a gentle, friendly personality and you're probably more of a friend than a potential hookup.
Prefect1992
Rep:
?
(Original post by ParkHyungSuk)
Lol,it's kind of weird though I get a lot of girls calling me cute in a lot of different contexts.

For example some girls just say aww you're so cute at random times.

other times I've been asked out and called cute....
username3590460
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Cute but not husband material.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

lmao...
h333
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Meaning of cute:
attractive in a pretty or endearing way.
Prefect1992
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
Cute usually means you have a gentle, friendly personality and you're probably more of a friend than a potential hookup.
Thank you!

I've just been wondering what this means.... It's odd because I've actually been asked out (on a date) and called cute....
I like chicken
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe like they want to pinch your cheeks cute 😂
Ninja Squirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you!

I've just been wondering what this means.... It's odd because I've actually been asked out (on a date) and called cute....
Well obviously not every girl who calls you cute is doing so with friendship in mind but cute I think usually is meant as a friendly word rather than a flirty word.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

genuignly a bad thing if girls are saying it to your face. It can be used to describe guys who are attractive ...but also can be used to describe guys who are little brother cute, or cute like a little puppy

when I was in year 7 this year 9 girl kept saying hello to me in the corridor saying I was so "cute". At the time I thought she fancied me, ..but realistically she didn't fancy me at all and just thought of me as a little brother.

When I was a lot older I overheard 3 girls on 3 separate occasions use that word on me, and it sounded like they thought I was attractive.

but hot is better than cute though. Never heard a girl describe me as hot unfortunately ...but in 2016 I did hear one girl outside a night club say that I was ****able ...so I guess I'll have to make do with that lol
Prefect1992
Rep:
?
The thing is it's just so ominous... sometimes I get called cute in a seemingly innocent way other ways not....

Ninja Squirrel really sums it up.

(Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
Well obviously not every girl who calls you cute is doing so with friendship in mind but cute I think usually is meant as a friendly word rather than a flirty word.
It's just strange though.... I never get called "attractive" or

(Original post by ANM775)
****able
Even when I am being asked out on a date.... it's just getting to the stage now where that word is so ominous in it's meaning that I don't know how to react...
tabbyglitter
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Straight up ask them. And it's not a bad thing always. When I find a guy cute it means he's got a pretty face.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
tfw insecure about getting compliments
is that a ****ing alvin and the chipmunks reference?
ParkHyungSuk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
tfw insecure about getting compliments

is that a ****ing alvin and the chipmunks reference?
**** yeah it is
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends on the girl. Some girls can use the word cute to put you in the friendzone while others use it interchangably with hot/sexy etc
asif007
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A girl calling you cute should set alarm bells ringing. It's just a poorly disguised way of her telling you that you're in the friendzone, not hookup material. When a girl calls you ****, ****head, says she wants to hurt you etc - that's when you're in luck.
tabbyglitter
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by asif007)
A girl calling you cute should set alarm bells ringing. It's just a poorly disguised way of her telling you that you're in the friendzone, not hookup material. When a girl calls you ****, ****head, says she wants to hurt you etc - that's when you're in luck.
That's disturbed
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AxSirlotl
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I got called cute a few times, but I'm 5'6 I think some girls like to patronise shorter men (even if they're shorter than you). I'm sure they meant cute in the way that a puppy is cute, not in the way that a man is cute.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads