LinguisticAlison
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Has anyone applying for French and Spanish (or any languages) had an offer from Stirling yet and if so when did you apply/ how long did it take for them to reply? I submitted mine on the 19th December and I'm still waiting on a reply... 😨
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
LinguisticAlison
Rep:
?
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
Thank you!!!
lauren.mckissock
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there!

I applied to Stirling for French and Spanish on the 11th of January and received an unconditional offer on the 12th of January
LinguisticAlison
Rep:
?
(Original post by lauren.mckissock)
Hi there!

I applied to Stirling for French and Spanish on the 11th of January and received an unconditional offer on the 12th of January
WHAT?! I applied on the 19th of December and I haven't heard a word from them apart from my portal login and an acknowledgement but congratulations
lauren.mckissock
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LinguisticAlison)
WHAT?! I applied on the 19th of December and I haven't heard a word from them apart from my portal login and an acknowledgement
I’m not sure. Are you a Scottish applicant? Still in school?
LinguisticAlison
Rep:
?
I’m not sure. Are you a Scottish applicant? Still in school?
Yeah, i'm in S6 just now
lauren.mckissock
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, i'm in S6 just now
Ahhh okay I left last year so maybe they’re just being slow! Good luck - need any advice just ask x
LinguisticAlison
Rep:
?
Ahhh okay I left last year so maybe they’re just being slow! Good luck - need any advice just ask x
Wait so you took a gap year? Did you do deferred entry? I'm so confused though because I thought all of the uni's looked at applications in the order that they were submitted? If that's true then what the hell has happened to my application because I submitted mine ages ago and I haven't had any rejections or offers from any of my 5 universities?!?!
sabrinaclark23
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone applying for French and Spanish (or any languages) had an offer from Stirling yet and if so when did you apply/ how long did it take for them to reply? I submitted mine on the 19th December and I'm still waiting on a reply... 😨
Hi, I applied for Spanish and Business on the 12th of December and I haven’t heard back either so maybe they are just taking longer?
lauren.mckissock
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wait so you took a gap year? Did you do deferred entry? I'm so confused though because I thought all of the uni's looked at applications in the order that they were submitted? If that's true then what the hell has happened to my application because I submitted mine ages ago and I haven't had any rejections or offers from any of my 5 universities?!?!
Nah I didn’t do deferred entry. I just applied this year for 2018 entry. Stirling is the only one I’ve heard back from so far - however only for one course as I also applied to French, Spanish & Professional Education which I’ve not heard back from. Still waiting to hear from Edinburgh, Napier and Heriot-Watt. No news is good news I suppose x
LinguisticAlison
Rep:
?
(Original post by sabrinaclark23)
Hi, I applied for Spanish and Business on the 12th of December and I haven’t heard back either so maybe they are just taking longer?
Isn't it like the business dept. that look through those applications?! I know they do it in Strathclyde but I'm not 100% sure?!?!
sabrinaclark23
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Isn't it like the business dept. that look through those applications?! I know they do it in Strathclyde but I'm not 100% sure?!?!
I’m not sure both business and languages might have to look through it
LinguisticAlison
Rep:
?
I’m not sure both business and languages might have to look through it
Haha I have no clue! I just got a conditional offer at like 17:30 for Edinburgh Uni today so at least I know someone wants me 😂
lauren.mckissock
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Haha I have no clue! I just got a conditional offer at like 17:30 for Edinburgh Uni today so at least I know someone wants me 😂
What's the conditions? - if you don't mind me asking, hahaha! I'm still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh
sabrinaclark23
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aww well done! What did you apply for there?
LinguisticAlison
Rep:
?
What's the conditions? - if you don't mind me asking, hahaha! I'm still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh
Aww well done! What did you apply for there?
I applied for French and Spanish and my conditions was an A in a Higher (So for me it'll either be English or Spanish) and a C in nat 5 maths... :-)

Still waiting on the other 4 unis to get back to me though :-)
afdah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im on the sams boat at you, sent mine off end of December and havent heard back from any of my choices aside from acknowledgement and logins and its not like my grades were bad
It might be because we're applying for overseas (?) And loans/grants are supposedly also taken into consideration
LinguisticAlison
Rep:
?
(Original post by afdah)
Im on the sams boat at you, sent mine off end of December and havent heard back from any of my choices aside from acknowledgement and logins and its not like my grades were bad
It might be because we're applying for overseas (?) And loans/grants are supposedly also taken into consideration
Yeah it's really annoying! I got a conditional from Edinburgh last week so I know that someone wants me! Haha, I'm still waiting for my other 4 to get back to me and I'm a Scottish applicant... hopefully I'll hear back soon as 2 people in my year have heard back from stirling (Psychology and Mental health nursing) but no one to my knowledge has gotten a languages offer with the exception of Lauren
afdah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow, thats so weird for a local applicant to be delayed for that long ??
I was advised by a few teachers to email the uni application and explain the situation and ask of theres a problem w your application
Im really sorry & im sure we'll hear back soon !!
Congrats on your Edinburgh offer !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (173)
24.33%
Pop (176)
24.75%
Jazz (29)
4.08%
Classical (41)
5.77%
Hip-Hop (128)
18%
Electronic (46)
6.47%
Indie (118)
16.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise