The Student Room Group

GCSE Science equivalency test with A Star Teachers

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has completed the science equivalency test with A Star Teachers? If so, did you find the multiple choice exam easy or hard? And what resources did you use to study? Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Monabe
Hi,
Did you end up takinb the test? I need to take both Maths and science (with A star teachers) and would really appreciate any advise/suggestion.

Thanks

Any luck with the question? I am about to take maths! Any help will do x
Original post by Cmoniz31
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has completed the science equivalency test with A Star Teachers? If so, did you find the multiple choice exam easy or hard? And what resources did you use to study? Thanks.

How did it go?
Reply 3
Original post by Mozza8989
How did it go?

hello, did u take the A star exam for maths and science. Any help would
be good.im taking both next week.
Original post by AL123al1
hello, did u take the A star exam for maths and science. Any help would
be good.im taking both next week.

I'm currently do the course with them. It's very helpful, then I'll take my test after but I'm only doing maths
Reply 5
I'm currently do the course with them. It's very helpful, then I'll take my test after but I'm only doing maths

Oh that's great! When r u planning to take exam. I have been practicing Higher tier papers and am finding them very helpful. But I guess they will have intermediate level papers
Oh that's great! When r u planning to take exam. I have been practicing Higher tier papers and am finding them very helpful. But I guess they will have intermediate level papers

It's intermediate only and it's only calculator part of the questions so be mindful, I've just finished an equivalency test up North! It went okay, I hope pass!!! 🙏 I will know soon x
Reply 7
It's intermediate only and it's only calculator part of the questions so be mindful, I've just finished an equivalency test up North! It went okay, I hope pass!!! 🙏 I will know soon x

Good luck.
Good luck.

Thank you xx
Hi folks
Can I ask if anyone has taken the combined Science equivalency exam with A star agency? What was it like?
I'm preparing for it as well. But am jut going through the whole syllabus for science.
I'm preparing for it as well. But am jut going through the whole syllabus for science.

Wow! That's a whole load of studying. I've bought the recommended CGP revision book and workbook. But really only been using the revision guide. I've also had confirmation that the exam is multiple choice. But I just want an idea of how tricky it might be. I need this before teacher training in September .😑
Original post by a will.i.am
Wow! That's a whole load of studying. I've bought the recommended CGP revision book and workbook. But really only been using the revision guide. I've also had confirmation that the exam is multiple choice. But I just want an idea of how tricky it might be. I need this before teacher training in September .😑

Same here. I want this sorted before September. I'm watching YouTube videos for all the topics and going through the recommended books aswell.
Thank you xx

Hi, did u get your results. Hope u passed. I wanted to ask that were the questions similar to the edexel paper or were they worded like skills test.
And did u gave your test through A star equivalency?
Hi, did u get your results. Hope u passed. I wanted to ask that were the questions similar to the edexel paper or were they worded like skills test.
And did u gave your test through A star equivalency?

Hey, I haven't completed Astars yet! I'm still taking their booster classes which have been beneficial. I went to the North of England instead to sit an equivalency test as my uni are willing to accept this and it was the earliest date, I could find! I should get the results in the next few days :smile: Are you starting in September, what are your remaining conditions and btw, it's Edexcel for Astars x
Hi. I'm doing both maths and science from A* equivalency. Will hopefully be done by end of this month
Hi. I'm doing both maths and science from A* equivalency. Will hopefully be done by end of this month

It's so stressful! I can't believe Maths has come back to haunt me!!!! What you uni are you planning to go to?

Im currently revising the Science too, freaking out a little since I NEED to pass it by September too. I am so happy that you said its multiple choice! Im doing okay on the BBC revision tests but was nervous going over the Edexcel papers since they werent multiple choice. Theres just soooo much to go over! Its just the two hour test with all three of them combined right?

Im going to go down to London and sit mine in two weeks. My course starts earlier since Im on the school direct route.

Would you recommend getting the revision guide then? Also, how long has everyone been revising for ? Im in sheer panic mode that I havent got long at all to do this!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Hollieanderson12
Im currently revising the Science too, freaking out a little since I NEED to pass it by September too. I am so happy that you said its multiple choice! Im doing okay on the BBC revision tests but was nervous going over the Edexcel papers since they werent multiple choice. Theres just soooo much to go over! Its just the two hour test with all three of them combined right?

Im going to go down to London and sit mine in two weeks. My course starts earlier since Im on the school direct route.

Would you recommend getting the revision guide then? Also, how long has everyone been revising for ? Im in sheer panic mode that I havent got long at all to do this!

Yeah I'm on the schools direct route too. I've only really been using the revision guide so yes would recommend it. I also googled "Edexcel multiple choice exam" and found a thread here from 2007 that has sample questions. I confirmed with the test coordinator that it is multiple choice. I totally understand your worry. I've been stressing about the content and really need this for September. The thought of re sitting whilst training does t bear thinking about and tbh I don't even know if this will be an option.
Yeah I'm on the schools direct route too. I've only really been using the revision guide so yes would recommend it. I also googled "Edexcel multiple choice exam" and found a thread here from 2007 that has sample questions. I confirmed with the test coordinator that it is multiple choice. I totally understand your worry. I've been stressing about the content and really need this for September. The thought of re sitting whilst training does t bear thinking about and tbh I don't even know if this will be an option.

I start at the school on 31st and it has to be completed by then otherwise I won’t be able to start the course. Im definitely going to do the 48 hour exam result option so I have the extra week to revise.

Going to have a good old gonover the next ten days and see if I’ll book it a bit sooner just in case I want to leave enough time for a second chance if I fail. All a bit intense since there’s so much pressure on it!

Ah great! Thank you so much for that tip. I’ll definitly be giving those papers a go. How are you finding the revision so far? I’m just going through the BBC bitesize stuff. I haven’t revised science in about 10 years, wasn’t thrilled with it then and I am not too happy out about it now haha

Quick Reply