The Student Room Group

GCSE Science equivalency test with A Star Teachers

Scroll to see replies

HiJust saw this - it's probably a bit late :-) now but in case you still haven't sat the exam. The A Star Equivalency test is 2 hours long and has 6 modules with 24 x1 mark questions per moduleI thought it was quite OK but whether you will find it easy or hard is difficult for me to say ? The best thing would be to buy the suggested revision book online and there is a outline of it on their combined science pageYou will then be able to better assess how easy or hard for youThe good news is with these guys there is they have NO charge for the revision materials and you came buy the revision book inexpensively online book second online If you decide you need support give them a call -- they seem like good folk -- mostly teachers i think :-)
I can only speak about the A* Star Equivalency Combined Science Test but the best thing would be buy the revision book first -it's second hand online for a couple of pounds delivered -- that tells what you need know
That little book had everything you need for the exam :-)
If you struggle ask for them about an online session and get them to focus on the rough patches :-) Good luck :-)
I did my science and maths through A* Star Equivalency and the the online support sessions really helped plus the revision materials were only a couple of pounds online I was also able to pick an exam time that suited me
Can I ask what did you book for the Combined Science? I haven't done any Science in 3 years as my School didn't do retake on the old syllabus and went straight into the new syllabus. I have been accepted into Canterbury but they have just contacted me and said I need Science or I will have to start in Foundation year. I am now stressing as I would like the opportunity to try the equivalency test but unsure what do I book? I am not anywhere near a test centre as I am overseas. I am worrying that I may completely flunk this as the amount of time since I took Science, what do I book? Is it the exam or lessons? Is the exam slightly easier or harder because it's multiple choice? Chemistry was my downfall when it came to the exam as I could not get it for the life of me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Could you explain a bit more as my test is in two days and am a bit nervous
Hey thanks for the advice! How did it go? Any other topics I should look at specifically?! I really need this to do my teacher training! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest