Tales of Procrastination Watch

kathasora
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello people of the internet

Several weeks ago, when I opened my email account, I saw an email from The Student Room with the subject line saying: "Grow your grades is back". I was intrigued. I need to grow my grades! So I read what Grow your Grades is all about and decided that I wanted to start a blog too. Here we are almost two months later and I am just now starting this blog. This is the story of my life, I used to be and mostly still am a huge procrastinator.

Welcome to my blog. My name is Katharina. I am 17 years old and I am currently doing my A-levels at an international school in the Netherlands. I messed up my AS-levels last year and will be re-sitting them this year . I took math, biology and chemistry. If you are interested in my grades here they are.

Spoiler:
Show

Math: C
Biology: D
Chemistry: D

I also took a German A-level in October. I am getting the results for German in 2 weeks; I don't think I have ever been this nervous. I should at least get an A, considering German is my first language. This grade will determine which universities I will consider applying to and what grades I will aim for this coming May.

I am dreaming of going to Oxford University or LMU (a German university in Munich) to study law. If you looked at my grades you know that at least Oxford will be impossible to get into. I realize that but a girl can dream (and try to grow her grades by 40%).

That is enough about me for now. If you want to know more you can read my next post, which I will hopefully post in the next few days. Before I go I just want to put my goals and intentions for this blog into writing. I am starting this blog because I hope it will motivate me to get things done and keep me accountable. I also hope that someone reading this might learn from my mistakes or maybe pick up a helpful tip here and there.
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kathasora)

Hello people of the internet

Several weeks ago, when I opened my email account, I saw an email from The Student Room with the subject line saying: "Grow your grades is back". I was intrigued. I need to grow my grades! So I read what Grow your Grades is all about and decided that I wanted to start a blog too. Here we are almost two months later and I am just now starting this blog. This is the story of my life, I used to be and mostly still am a huge procrastinator.

Welcome to my blog. My name is Katharina. I am 17 years old and I am currently doing my A-levels at an international school in the Netherlands. I messed up my AS-levels last year and will be re-sitting them this year . I took math, biology and chemistry. If you are interested in my grades here they are.

Spoiler:
Show

Math: C
Biology: D
Chemistry: D

I also took a German A-level in October. I am getting the results for German in 2 weeks; I don't think I have ever been this nervous. I should at least get an A, considering German is my first language. This grade will determine which universities I will consider applying to and what grades I will aim for this coming May.

I am dreaming of going to Oxford University or LMU (a German university in Munich) to study law. If you looked at my grades you know that at least Oxford will be impossible to get into. I realize that but a girl can dream (and try to grow her grades by 40%).

That is enough about me for now. If you want to know more you can read my next post, which I will hopefully post in the next few days. Before I go I just want to put my goals and intentions for this blog into writing. I am starting this blog because I hope it will motivate me to get things done and keep me accountable. I also hope that someone reading this might learn from my mistakes or maybe pick up a helpful tip here and there.
Hi Katharina! Good luck this year Have you got a plan for your revision?
kathasora
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Fox Corner)
Hi Katharina! Good luck this year Have you got a plan for your revision?
Hi. Thank you. Yes, somewhat I am still trying to adjust some things in my revision schedule.

Also I think I may have accidentally started two blogs. I have another blog with the same name that I actually update regularly if you're interested this is the link to it: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...8#post75523778
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads