The Student Room Group

IT cambridge technical unit 1 2018 exam

Hi, just wanted to make this thread to ask who else is taking his exam on monday the 8th of january and if anybody has any predictions on it? or if you have been told to revise specific sections?

thanks,
annie

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anniefraone
Hi, just wanted to make this thread to ask who else is taking his exam on monday the 8th of january and if anybody has any predictions on it? or if you have been told to revise specific sections?

thanks,
annie

I’m doing the exam Monday as well as the Cyber security one on Thursday. I’m not sure really what to expect, I’m thinking there will be some number conversions bc there weren’t any in the last paper but I’m not too sure, wbu?
Original post by anniefraone

thanks,
annie

It’s harder to revise for this one bc there isn’t a scenario to base your revision and according to examiners reports students have gaps in their knowledge for this exam, is this your first or second time doing this exam?
Reply 3
Thankyou for replying!! Its my forst time taking this exam so I am quite worried about it, i have done all the past papers but am just feeling stressed.
Reply 4
Yeah it is difficult to revise for this exam, this is my first time taking it. I have done all the past papers but just dont feel confident and i feel really stressed, any advice?
Reply 5
What did people put for the social engineering multiple choice question?
Original post by Apat1326

I can’t even remember I kept changing it, how did you find the paper overall?
Reply 7
Original post by ForeverAQx
I can’t even remember I kept changing it, how did you find the paper overall?

Quite easy, only question I might have messed up on was the first 10 marker about file and email servers.
Reply 8
Original post by Apat1326

I think i put option d. What did you put?
It’s harder to revise for this one bc there isn’t a scenario to base your revision and according to examiners reports students have gaps in their knowledge for this exam, is this your first or second time doing this exam?

Hey, im doing the same course as you except this is my first year. What did you get last year?
and it is true that if you fail one exam you fail the course ?
Original post by ArjunMepa
Hey, im doing the same course as you except this is my first year. What did you get last year?
and it is true that if you fail one exam you fail the course ?

I got decent grades last year but I resat exams as I want a distinction* overall. You have two chances at every exam, you need to pass every unit ( Unit 1, 2,3 and the 2 coursework units chosen) if you fail any one of those 5 units, then you fail the whole qualification, but you have two attempts at each exam.

Good luck:smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
I got decent grades last year but I resat exams as I want a distinction overall. You have two chances at every exam, you need to pass every unit ( Unit 1, 2,3 and the 2 coursework units chosen) if you fail any one of those 5 units, then you fail the whole qualification, but you have two attempts at each exam.

Good luck:smile:

Kinda difficult to revise for, as their isn't as much resources then i expected to be. but the great thing im doing a Cisco and Microsoft qualification along the side of my course have to revise those exams aswell. but personally what did you think of the exam last year, was it difficult,average or easy Thank You and Good luck
Original post by ArjunMepa
Kinda difficult to revise for, as their isn't as much resources then i expected to be. but the great thing im doing a Cisco and Microsoft qualification along the side of my course have to revise those exams aswell. but personally what did you think of the exam last year, was it difficult,average or easy Thank You and Good luck

It is, there’s a lack of papers and the old spec ones aren’t all available which is annoying, and make sure you divide your focus, they are all important qualifications after all. And tbh I found last years pretty average not the best or worst but this January one was pretty good which may be down to the paper itself or my revision techniques, time will tell lol :smile:
All the best with ict and the rest of your exams :smile:
Hi it’s my first year too and I don’t think you fail the course if you fail the exams as there is an opportunity to resit however that being said if your coursework isn’t able to be marked by the time the external markings team it may result in you failing the course
How did you find the unit 1 exam?
The unit 1 exam wasn’t too bad however I found unit 2 so much easier how about you? :smile:
Does anyone know when we should get our results for the exams done last month?
Results come out 7th of March.
Do our teachers get them emailed or? Does anyone have any ideas about grade boundaries?
Results are issued to teachers on the 7th. We get them on the 8th - thats this Thursday!

Grade boundaries will be results 6am on the 8th as well.

Hope this helps.

I am hoping to at least gain a Merit in both unit 1 and 2.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest