The Student Room Group

Revision guides GCSE - "CGP" or "My Revision Notes"?

Hi,

I was thinking about purchasing revision guides for my geography course (OCR B 9-1) and I was wondering which revision guides to get?

Hasn't anyone bought either or both of these brands (doesn't have to be for this subject) so you can tell me your experience with them. CGP are notorious for being a bit vague but will they be enough to gain a grade 9, for GCSE at least? And what about "My revision notes"?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by anonymous_1947
Hi,

I was thinking about purchasing revision guides for my geography course (OCR B 9-1) and I was wondering which revision guides to get?

Hasn't anyone bought either or both of these brands (doesn't have to be for this subject) so you can tell me your experience with them. CGP are notorious for being a bit vague but will they be enough to gain a grade 9, for GCSE at least? And what about "My revision notes"?

Thanks in advance.

CGP should be good. I used them, despite their vagueness and the specification also in order to do my gcse revision!
Reply 2
CGP aren't that vague. I currently have the CGP Edexcel revision guide for A level biology, and the books are straight to the point. Its not like my school textbook where it tends to over-explain or under-explain.

Id recommend it. Just make sure your buying the right book that has the updated syllabus.
I'm currently doing the exact same spec as you and I have a CGP guide - it's really good and helpful in condensing down all the information into simple terms. The only thing that slightly annoys me about it (though the same would apply to any revision guide you get for Geography) is that some of the case studies inside it don't match up with the ones that my school have chosen to use. Though, I guess this is both a blessing and a curse because I could end up finding it useful to know about more/prefer using one or the other, and you might feel the same.

I'd definitely recommend it!

Quick Reply

Latest