The Student Room Group

Student finance question

When applying for student finance/bursaries etc. Is my household income the income of myself and the parent I legally live with? Or does it also include the parent who I do not live with?
Original post by Liamw1998
When applying for student finance/bursaries etc. Is my household income the income of myself and the parent I legally live with? Or does it also include the parent who I do not live with?

The one you live with, assuming you are a dependent student.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
The one you live with, assuming you are a dependent student.

Well for the purposes of this I guess I will be yes, and I will have quit my job by the time I go (obviously)
Well for the purposes of this I guess I will be yes, and I will have quit my job by the time I go (obviously)

Will you have been working full time for three years for three years before starting? otherwise yes you'll be a dependent student and it'll be off the parent you live with.
Reply 4
Will you have been working full time for three years for three years before starting? otherwise yes you'll be a dependent student and it'll be off the parent you live with.

Well I’ve been working part time for about 5 years now, but not full time as I’ve been at college and school.

So I am a dependant student and only the parent I legally live with’s wage is considered?
Well I’ve been working part time for about 5 years now, but not full time as I’ve been at college and school.

So I am a dependant student and only the parent I legally live with’s wage is considered?

yes i think you are
Reply 6
yes i think you are

Okay thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending