The Student Room Group

Did anyone else ever read the book 'Joe's worst nightmare'?

I've never seen it again, and I was just wondering if anyone else knew it. We were given it in RE when I was in year 9 (so it would have been 2014) and asked to read it and review it before it was published, so the author could get feedback on it or something.
It was about a boy called joe who used to be homeschooled but his parents never taught him about the holocaust, then one day he finds a book about it in the library and has a nightmare and stops sleeping. It was quite weird, but I enjoyed it.
We had a trial copy (paper wasn't very good quality, the cover was badly designed) and it was by an American guy called Barnett something. Anyway I just wondered if anyone else ever knew of it as I never saw it published and there's almost nothing about it on the internet other than a book trailer on YouTube.
Reply 1
Never even heard of it, sorry!
Reply 2
I teach a Holocaust elective in eastern NC. We also read the book to offer advice to the author. I received a message from him in May that the book was complete and will be published soon. I am trying to track down his contact info. to get an exact date. He said the book is 25% better than it was in 2014/2015. If I get an exact publishing date I can post on this thread.
My son is reading it now in 7th grade. But he picked the book it was not given to him.
No idea
Reply 5
Fancy meeting you hereI was involved with the pilot as wellThought it was a great book, my students did as wellThen I retired in 2016Hope it gets published

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending