Withdrew application but still received an interview invitation??? Watch

andy87
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
so basically ive applied in Oct to 5 Unis. A week after i sent my UCAS i changed my mind and replaced Uni A with Uni B. Now, 3 months after that happened i received an invitation to attend Uni A Interview. Why is that? What should i do? Should i just go there and pretend nothing happened? Even if they will offer me a place how are they going to communicate that through UCAS? im really confused about this whole thing.:confused: any thoughts???

PS: i wouldnt mind getting a place from them since Uni B rejected me
βored
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You can't go to the interview as you have no longer applied there. Contact them and they'll sort it out.
Rhys.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So your Track page definitely shows Uni B, and not Uni A, right?

I'd email Uni A and explain that you've withdrawn your application from there. Don't waste yours and the uni's time by going to an interview that can't lead to an offer!
Witness23
Report 11 years ago
yup^^^
I didn't think you could replace choices, cancel, but not replace????
βored
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah you can subsitute within 14 days of applying.
andy87
Rep:
?
yes track definitely shows Uni B. it updated immediately. so your saying theres no point in going there because they cant offer me a place due to appl withdrawal. but they havent seen that, have they?
KwungSun
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I withdrew an application last year and received 3 offers 4 months after I withdrew. Sometimes the communication channels between unis and ucas are somewhat less than perfect. Basically if you've withdrawn that's it. Just ignore it. Unless you've changed your mind in which case contact the university.
Rhys.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by andy87)
yes track definitely shows Uni B. it updated immediately. so your saying theres no point in going there because they cant offer me a place due to appl withdrawal. but they havent seen that, have they?
They would realise you've withdrawn your place when they attempt to update Track, and can't.
andy87
Rep:
?
(Original post by KwungSun)
I withdrew an application last year and received 3 offers 4 months after I withdrew. Sometimes the communication channels between unis and ucas are somewhat less than perfect. Basically if you've withdrawn that's it. Just ignore it. Unless you've changed your mind in which case contact the university.
right. i guess theres no such thing as a "free lunch" then will call them tomorrow and tell them abt this.
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
Contact them and let them know, they still may give you a place, this happened to someone last year and they got a place.
Queen Alice
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Maybe if you withdraw from uni B on UCAS (I think you can remove a uni), then perhaps they will somehow make you an offer...
If they ask why they are unable to make a UCAS response, claim you "must have accedentally deleted them" You might get in trouble for lieing though.. I'm not sure.

I would think it is unlikely, but if I were you I would go to the interview anyway and see what happens
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads