The Student Room Group

Girlfriend texting guy who likes her?

My girlfriend talks to this guy everyday, I've always know but it didn't bother me because I thought it was platonic but then she mentioned they had kissed a couple of years ago and they mutually agreed it was weird. I thought ok that was a while ago but clearly it has not always been platonic (as she has presented it) naturally that made me a little curious so I asked if he was single and it became a bit of row she admitted she thinks he likes her still, he kissed her and clearly she was the one that wasn't into it. So I have no fears of her cheating but it does bother me because it makes me wonder why she is doing it? Is he a safety net? His obviously waiting for her to be single. I'm extra sensitive to it because of the way we got together, we kissed when she was single then she got back wth her ex but still texted me everyday, eventually I felt weird about it and stopped talking to her. A few months later we came back to uni and she admitted having feelings for me and over the next two months we got closer and she ended up leaving him for me, we never did anything physical (accept spooning) but it was obviously inappropriate and emotional cheating (a phrase I thought was meaningless before this tbh) so it worries me because it seems like a pattern of behaviour. She has since said she we stop talking to him, which makes me feel bad because I don't want to be controlling. So basically I'm asking am I being unreasonable/ unfair? Or is acceptable to expect her to not be texting him? Tbh I just feel it would of been a lot simpler if she not was texting a guy who fancies her whilst she's with me I don't feel it's something I should have to bring up.
Has she said why she's stringing him along?
Bail

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending