The Student Room Group

Law and Philosophy, Respected?

Hello!

A little background:
Currently I am in year 13 and have received an offer from the university of kent (the university I want to go to) for a BA in Law and philosophy. As I am interested in both subjects I decided to take a join honours. However becuase of this, I am worried that Law firms may just brush me over becuase it's not an LLB in Law directly (however I do want to do a QLD), but becuase Law and philosophy are very interlinked does that mean I am still very respected in this field?

Thank you for any response, I appreciate it.
It's probably a reasonable option if you intend to pursue a teaching career in law (especially in the US, where law professors often teach undergrad courses having gotten a PhD in a subject other than Law), otherwise it's probably neither better nor worse if it is a QLD. If it's not a QLD, then it would be strictly worse, and considerably more expensive if you pursue that route of getting a QLD/equivalent (even with the forthcoming changes to qualifying as a solicitor - as this doesn't apply to pursuing a career as a barrister, and there may be some reluctance to take up the new format among firms - I'm not so sure on this latter point though).
As long as it's a QLD and you're genuinely passionate about it and do well, you should be fine. Don't worry about it.
Yeah so long as it is QLD then it will be fine, probably an advantage that your degree is unique compared to straight law.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending