The Student Room Group

GCSEs in general

I am already stressing about GCSEs because I have such little time to remember a ton of knowledge, I’m doing the new spec if anyone has any advice and tips that would be great
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Abbiebrucexo
I am already stressing about GCSEs because I have such little time to remember a ton of knowledge, I’m doing the new spec and I just need some advice and tips

same here i am stressing about gcses as well maybe we could help each other what do you mainly need help with
I completed my gcses last year honestly I was the guy that did told everyone they do not care if they failed. I revised all my subjects 1 day before my exams and just about passed on all the ones I wanted to except maths which I just resat and getting results soon. 1 tip which will be very useful is that 1 day before your English exam do some research eerywhere look at hashtag go on YouTube and search online I did this and I found the unseen poem that came up on the exam.
Reply 3
Original post by Jamiejames789
I completed my gcses last year honestly I was the guy that did told everyone they do not care if they failed. I revised all my subjects 1 day before my exams and just about passed on all the ones I wanted to except maths which I just resat and getting results soon. 1 tip which will be very useful is that 1 day before your English exam do some research eerywhere look at hashtag go on YouTube and search online I did this and I found the unseen poem that came up on the exam.

I have my maths exam on Monday. I Am sooo dumb. I am really scared
For science use freesciencelessons on youtube he is the best man ever, for maths u can use corbettmaths, maths genie, maths watch and do past papers, as more u practise for maths as easy it will be
i’m also stressing out about gcses, I also came only last year to uk so english is not my first language so i’m stressing
Original post by Abbiebrucexo
I am already stressing about GCSEs because I have such little time to remember a ton of knowledge, I’m doing the new spec if anyone has any advice and tips that would be great

what specific subjects and exam boards are you doing, i'd be happy to help and give you advice/ any resources i may have. I have different advice and tips for different subjects,
Original post by Jamiejames789

I sat my gcses last year too! Lmao, some parts of what you said is lowkey what i did. Especially with youtube and the hashtags and that was the biggest help. I don't think leaving it too last minute is a good idea though (although, i revised for some exams 1 day before or even on the day too, whoops:redface: :colondollar:) - they might have less resources than we did since all of their gcse subjects have been reformed. The best thing about it all was searching up the hashtags for the exams on twitter right after we sat them - it was amazing and funny and just so relaxing after exam stress.
@kawaii sashimi
Tbh, I’m struggling with maths, English and science and history Maths and science is edexcel and English and history is aqa, much appreciated if you could help me!

Quick Reply

Latest